• ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Ahhh...
    LBJ's "Great Society" and "War On Poverty" have finally reached their ultimate fruition.
    I hope Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are proud of these fine examples of todays youth.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    It all started when we established the welfare state and replaced fathers in two parent homes with government subsidies. Look at the statistics which indicate how many babies are born to unwed mothers. When there is no father figure to train and discipline these children, then respect, honor, love, are replaced by disrespect, greed, and hatred. This will not end until we realize we are contributors. How many trillions of wealth has been transferred from the producers to the takers since the war on poverty began. We have just as many "poor" today, maybe more.:twocents:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Wow, broken windows, ruckuss in the streets, youth running amok...

Mob mentality, pure and simple. The plus side was it seemed that there wasn't much "push" or catalyst if you will after the aggression was released (after breaking a window, they didn't seem to pursue their attack further than that). With THAT many people and if conditions were "worse", those simple window breaks could have been accompanied by pulling the driver out of the car and beating him/her (read: Rodney King riots).

Police? Government? I am SO split on that. On one hand, the .gov should have been out there, doing their job in keeping the situation under control. On the other hand, it was likely goverment entitlement programs that created alot of the social "malignment" within these youths. When can one depend on the parents to do their job when they either cant (working?) or won't (government mindset or welfare)?

I don't think a gun would have helped. I mean, realistically, I'm in traffic, someone breaks out my back window, I am going to "Punch it Chewie" and get the heck out of Dodge. But then again, how much "push" would my 4 cylinder sedan have against a crowd of people? Not to run over anyone, but to just get away. We can argue the social situation all day long, but when it comes to it, how does one escape?

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    It all started when we established the welfare state and replaced fathers in two parent homes with government subsidies. Look at the statistics which indicate how many babies are born to unwed mothers. When there is no father figure to train and discipline these children, then respect, honor, love, are replaced by disrespect, greed, and hatred. This will not end until we realize we are contributors. How many trillions of wealth has been transferred from the producers to the takers since the war on poverty began. We have just as many "poor" today, maybe more.:twocents:

Could not agree more!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Either mom would have made me pay back everyone for damages and I would have had to apologize personally to the people who were inconvenienced by this or dad would have killed me. 50/50

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    And recently in NYC. Sure the police will protect you, right Mikey?

http://youtu.be/OgTPi_Qlu8U

Typical liberal response: I think it needs to be addressed. OMG.

NY and Chicago, if you guys want to live like that. Maybe another four years of Obama and even the libs will get fed up...

Last edited:

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    And recently in NYC. Sure the police will protect you, right Mikey?

http://youtu.be/OgTPi_Qlu8U

Typical liberal response: I think it needs to be addressed. OMG.

NY and Chicago, if you guys want to live like that. Maybe another four years of Obama and even the libs will get fed up...

The sad thing is there is NO way that I see this being able to be settled. The only option is to have plainclothes police stay near frequently targeted stands and stores, but that won't help any, they will just change to a different store.

The end-all I see for it (if I was a shop owner) is to shoot one of them. I'm sure an employee getting sent to the hospital after getting hit in the face with a bottle shows it's serious enough to be life threatening, but I wouldn't want to have to take a shot at that many kids. If it was a closed store I would want to fire a shot into the ceiling to scare them off, but in self defense you are supposed to shoot to kill (since it's supposed to be used in life or death). Even pulling a gun out could be brandishing I guess if the police do not believe your life was a threat.

The last option would be to hang an AK or AR behind the counter or something, but I think that would be against NY laws, and it would lose customers.

I'm at a loss. :dunno:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I didn't watch the video but I know where this is. My parents live not too far from there and when I was growing up I spent a lot of time at this mall. It's not in a bad neighborhood but somewhat at the end of many routes for CTA which means it's easily accessible for those to get to coming from other areas of the city. Just shows the inner city yutes are moving out but not unlike what is going on at the malls around Indy.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Fire a couple into the air. Watch the roaches run.
    medium.jpg
    obama.jpg

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Simple. They are allowed.

True story, these kids are clean cut, dressed nice, swing'n Iphones around like wanna be thugs.

The get it from music, each other, and parents and teachers that won't say no..

These are our future leaders......how's that make you feel.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    True story, these kids are clean cut, dressed nice, swing'n Iphones around like wanna be thugs.

The get it from music, each other, and parents and teachers that won't say no..

These are our future leaders......how's that make you feel.

They keep saying YOLO, I say we make them try their luck... :):

Top Bottom