Chicago Police Superintendent warns Officers will shoot CC'ers!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Don't think it ever said anything about a gun being pointed, just being in the hand.

What if it is an undercover cop that just defended himself and turns around with a gun in his hand?

NYPD has a bit of a history of shooting cops in that or similar situations:

My cop slay still haunts | New York Post

Police shoot off-duty NYPD officer - US news - Life | NBC News

Black Cop Shot by White Officer in 1994, First Thought: "Not Again."

I dunno about CPD.

Best,

Joe

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    If citizens are cc'ing, what would be the reason to have a firearm in their hand other than an absolute use of a violent self defense situation?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If citizens are cc'ing, what would be the reason to have a firearm in their hand other than an absolute use of a violent self defense situation?

I'm unclear on your point. So you use your gun in lawful self-defense in a violent situation. Should the cops just shoot you as they arrive on the scene? That is damn near what they did in some of the NYPD links I posted above, particularly the subway incident, and all they did was kill other cops.

The Chief's statement is asinine and ironically trains his uniforms to shoot off-duty or undercover cops in his city.

Best,

Joe

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    im still laughing at the fact he things the Chicago Pd is "Highly Trained". if Guy Redford were to pack up and move to Chicago right now he could be a millionaire within the next year or two :D

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Don't think it ever said anything about a gun being pointed, just being in the hand.

What if it is an undercover cop that just defended himself and turns around with a gun in his hand?
    I quoted what he said. Im saying something different. If you turn on a cop with a gun in your hand...what would you expect a cop to do? You've obviously never been in that kind of situation.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Sounds like a veiled threat! Twenty years ago I used to enjoy running up to Chicago with friends for the weekend...anymore, it's just 'never mind'!

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Easily my favorite scene from Blue Bloods. Police chiefs' grandson shot and killed a man with a gun in Central Park. Gun was unloaded. I recommend watching the entire scene, but the 1:07 mark is where the fun begins.

[video]http://www.cbs.com/shows/blue_bloods/video/OAisQJd_OsPu0SQ1hEwxO36ElU_mp0Ei/blue-bloods-press-conference/[/video]

edit: link should work. Have to use CBS's player.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Easily my favorite scene from Blue Bloods. Police chiefs' grandson shot and killed a man with a gun in Central Park. Gun was unloaded. I recommend watching the entire scene, but the 1:07 mark is where the fun begins.

[video]http://www.cbs.com/shows/blue_bloods/video/OAisQJd_OsPu0SQ1hEwxO36ElU_mp0Ei/blue-bloods-press-conference/[/video]

edit: link should work. Have to use CBS's player.

That was pretty good.
    "too late, you're dead".

Top Bottom