• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    [video=youtube;wsOHvP1XnRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsOHvP1XnRg[/video]
    I always thought this was about Pompeii, not Chicago.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think a part of the fallout of the pandemic is that it has been shown that intellectual jobs can be performed from home just as well as from an office. The consequence of that will be businesses questioning why they need to have offices in large cities. That will lead to a continuing loss of tax revenue. The downward spiral has begun for many large cities, they just don't all know it yet.

Yes but you are talking longer term than most can imagine.
    You are talking about what will occur within 10 years. Over the next 4 years you will see the shrinkage of biz office in downtown cities like chicago as they end their leases and continue to downsize/telework. As this occurs you are correct the tax base will shrink and cities wont know how to reduce spending. The downward cycle will continue.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :wow:

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” said Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, according to NBC Chicago. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

“That is reparations,” Atkins continued. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

Just :wow: on those statements.
    Its theft plain and simple.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    :): im thinking that the farther south they get from indy the less luck they will have destroying things if ya know what I mean.

I think if these bastards try pulling this **** outside of a metro area it will be their last rodeo.... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, asswipes.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    :wow:

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” said Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, according to NBC Chicago. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

“That is reparations,” Atkins continued. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

Just :wow: on those statements.
    Its theft plain and simple.

Can I quote this in the "What is Black Lives Matter" thread?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I think a part of the fallout of the pandemic is that it has been shown that intellectual jobs can be performed from home just as well as from an office. The consequence of that will be businesses questioning why they need to have offices in large cities. That will lead to a continuing loss of tax revenue. The downward spiral has begun for many large cities, they just don't all know it yet.

Center township property values are dropping, and the gentrification process has all but stopped. No one wants to sink a few hundred thousand dollars in a neighborhood that's boarded up, painted over, and extremely racist toward anyone not black. The yuppies will stop coming...and they are mostly liberals...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All I can say is that I am glad I live in Beautiful Gary, Indiana, where Detroitification has been nearly completed.

The proper word may be Detroitaforming.

It is all quiet here as there is nothing really worth looting left.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    No one left to loot it -- what, 160k ==> 60k?

All I can say is that I am glad I live in Beautiful Gary, Indiana, where Detroitification has been nearly completed.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Sounds similar to what New York did to combat COVID - kill off the most vulnerable so the virus infects fewer people.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Went through Gary last week. Made me think that yeah, there's a point to the bank bug; they're Gary-fying the whole bleepin' country.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Was watching videos of what New York City looks like now and wondering if Chicago is going to go down the same way.
    And yeah, why not? NYC has been the east coast HQ for communists since before WWI. Chicago has been the middle America HQ for communists for perhaps as long.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    chicago.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-police-confirms-gang-threat

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That may have been da chicago way but now a days the thugs have a lot of freedom of nothing happening to them. See what is occurring in Portland.cops arrest people, da releases them the same day

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That may have been da chicago way but now a days the thugs have a lot of freedom of nothing happening to them. See what is occurring in Portland.cops arrest people, da releases them the same day

I'd be alright with them being released... to the mortuary after notifying their next of kin of course.

Top Bottom