• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The trend these days is to get as many federal agents on the streets and in the lives of citizens as possible.

Emanuel, McCarthy ask feds for help on South Side
    Mayor Rahm Emanuel has asked federal law enforcement for help in combating violence and drugs in two areas of Chicago that the city says have seen the highest increase in crime this year.

Chicago police officers will coordinate with U.S. marshals and FBI, DEA and ATF agents to go after what the mayor called “high-crime areas and high-target individuals” in the Grand Crossing and Ogden police districts on the South Side.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Emanuel just needs to resign, but that's not the Chicago way.

About time for a Great Wall of Indiana to block off the Marchlands and keep the barbarians at bay.

Last edited:

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    This paragraph is what this thread brings to mind:

Fast and Furious: Obama's 2013 budget removes ban on gun-walking | Conservative News, Views & Books

Consider also, as Miller points out, that Obama’s budget is stuffed with money for gun-control initiatives. They’re a big winner with liberal constituencies, particularly since anything resembling success in their stated goals is completely irrelevant. The cities with tough gun-control laws tend to have horrific levels of gun crime, but that only increases the Left’s appetite for gun control. It’s the perfect liberal imperative: the more it fails, the more urgent it becomes. The last time I saw anything that unstoppable, it was made of liquid metal, and chasing Arnold Schwarzenegger.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Why do I think the "violence and drugs" will just move to a different part of the city, and for them business as usual, but Rahm will take credit for making the south side safe again, ignoring the new blood flow in the west.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Ugh...when will they get it.

Legally armed citizens can protect themselves. In the absence of any organized government what do the idiots running Chicago think would happen?

Question: Has there been a time in history where four distinctly different groups of law enforcement worked well together? I'm not seeing this end well for anyone involved.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera

Legally armed citizens can protect themselves. In the absence of any organized government what do the idiots running Chicago think would happen?

Question: Has there been a time in history where four distinctly different groups of law enforcement worked well together? I'm not seeing this end well for anyone involved.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Actually people would probably figure out they don't really need the big corrupt machine as a babysitter, and WHOOPS! there go the Democrats. Of course, they can't let THAT happen.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012

:yesway:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Actually, I've watched IPD, MCSD, the FBI, ATFE, AND Postal Inspectors work well together when we had the anthrax scares in 2002. I've also seen various combinations of law enforcement agencies work together for special events like the Indy 500 Festival Parade and all the events at the 500 Speedway. Day-to-day operations, not so much.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012

Actually, the problem is not that law abiding citizens in these neighborhoods are being targeted by the criminals. The criminals are fighting each other and law abiding citizens are getting caught in the crossfire.

Yes, law-abiding citizens should be allowed to be armed and protect themselves, but there is a war going on in these neighborhoods. Armed citizenry alone cannot solve this problem unless they are willing to risk death and prison themselves and take the law into their own hands.

For those that have not been to these neighborhoods, it is no joke. If your car breaks down, your life will be in danger. For many, it is easy to ignore the problem but I believe action needs to be taken and an interagency response is a start.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The Democratic machine as so failed in the Chicago experiment they are trying to cover their tracks by bringing in the Feds, who will be directed to go there by a Chicago machine graduate. If that doesn't do it, I'm sure either the 10 Mountain or 82 Airborne will be 'deployed' for a 'training exercise'.

Top Bottom