• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Have to go to Chicago this Sat...on Clark St....

Questions....

What's the current carry situation there for IN residents? Been too busy to keep up with all of their changes.

Is the 2nd block of North Clark St a fairly safe area?

Anyone know what parking is like there on Saturdays?

Thinking of carrying my old faithful Cold Steel Tango or Vaquero Grande...

wife going with me so I need a sitrep please

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You can carry while in your car with your LTCH. If you get out of the car for any reason while in Illinois, you must secure it in the car.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    No one got shot anywhere near North Clark Street last weekend or probably in the last year. You can find parking, but expect to pay 20 bucks in a lot.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OP the NORTH side of Chicago is relatively safe just about as safe as any other part of the USA.
    I work in downtown Chicago M-F and it is "ok". It is the SOUTH side of chicago that is a nightmare with gang warfare going on and where the vast majority of the killings are going on.

Where on Clark street are you going? Address or cross streets would help.
    Note that The Taste of Chicago is occuring this weekend in downtown Chicago so expect more traffic, more people and more police in the city then normal.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What others have said. Also don't forget your Vest. It's getting bad up there.

Oh come on.......ONLY 82 shot and 14 killed! Gun control is working wonders up there! On second thought go somewhere safe like Iraq or Afghanistan...

Typically non-hoosiers * who have no clue what is going on in Chicago. ;)

* Only REAL hoosiers are us in NWI and even then only in corrupt Lake County. The rest of ya are just wanna bes. :p

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Typically non-hoosiers * who have no clue what is going on in Chicago. ;)

* Only REAL hoosiers are us in NWI and even then only in corrupt Lake County. The rest of ya are just wanna bes. :p

Well good thing I didn't grow up in NW Chicago. Have friends who live on the south side. Worked just outside the loop for years. Had to deal with the IKE being shutdown for constructions, and the the Kennedy being a parking lot.

Yea I have no idea what happens in or around Chicago. My roommate just escaped from Illinois about a month ago. Yea no idea. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ah so u r a native il tend who has escaped n now is bringing your crazy political ideas to indiana.
    Rrrrruuuuuunnnnnnnn everyone.
    LOL

Welcome to freedom btw.
    :ingo:

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I escaped IL 3 years ago, after hating that state for years. My Roommate escaped 2 months ago.

Yea I hate Chicago. I used to live out where in a small town for a couple of years. I loved living out there. Anywhere around Chicago I hate.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    28 N Clark...near LaSalle and Washington. ...not too far east from the Dan Ryan

ah so you will be in downtown then.
    In terms of parking there are lots of parking garages in that area.
    Bring a credit card as most now use the vending machine to print out the parking ticket.
    If you google map the address and then click on "search nearby" and enter in 'parking' the map will show you the list of parking garages near the address you put in.

So you are driving in. PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL OF THE STREET LIGHTS IN THE CITY. Do not try and take the yellow light. Camera's everywhere and you take the yellow light and say hello to a ticket in the mail for crossing the street while the red light was on. Same goes for right hand turns. Just WAIT until the light is green, even if it's red and there is NO SIGN that says you can't turn on red. WAIT!!! WAIT!! WAIT!!!

You may get honked at by the car behind you, don't worry about it. It is best to WAIT!!! WAIT!!! WAIT!!! unless you like paying $75+ for the tickets by mail.

Which brings us to the next question. How are you getting here? Highway? which one? Skyway? Straight freeway?
    Put your car on cruise control and don't speed. IL State troopers LOVE LOVE LOVE non-IL plates and target us more than IL drivers for speeding especially near the city. With the Taste going on expect to see a lot of more police everywhere.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Personally, I find amusing, how provincial and weak-kneed many INGOers get when the subject of Chicago comes up (not you, OP).

If you are not in a gang, not going to hang out in gang neighborhoods, not buying or selling drugs, chances are Chicago will be as safe as...well, I was going to say Indy, but....

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Dont turn right on red....ever. dont park your car.

both of these things have gotten me a total of 5 tickets, all of which I have not and will not pay. I hate that cesspool.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Personally, I find amusing, how provincial and weak-kneed many INGOers get when the subject of Chicago comes up (not you, OP).

If you are not in a gang, not going to hang out in gang neighborhoods, not buying or selling drugs, chances are Chicago will be as safe as...well, I was going to say Indy, but....

Except in Indy, you are allowed to defend yourself.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    If you get a chance there is a place called Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder. It's 2121 North Clark. They do a pizza pot pie that is really good. And traditional Italian oven grinders. Have a safe trip.

Top Bottom