• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My favorite quote was right at the beginning. "The $25 tax on every gun purchased in the county -- city law prohibits gun sales in Chicago -- is meant to offset health care and other costs of gun violence, Board President Toni Preckwinkle said." Oh boy, all kinds of fail right there. How about instead of a $25 tax to offset health care for those poor people who are mooching off of the .gov, they just do their dang job in catching the criminals and make THEM pay for it? My girlfriend always said she wanted to go to Chicago, and I always said no, although in the back of my head I thought, "Maybe we'll go someday. Maybe it's not as bad as I think it is and everyone's just stretching how dumb the laws really are." Now that this is approved, it makes me realize that you guys are spot on. They will never see a dime of my money. I won't even go to a Rams game against the Bears (my girlfriend's favorite team) in St. Louis. This is just plain dumb.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I hope they enjoy it. Why people continue to live there boggles my mind. There is something nasty in the water in the northern part of that state or something. I run across Cook County residents from time to time. They can't drive and think the laws don't apply to them. Usually after my 10 minutes of talking with them I am real glad to see them head down the road.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    The sad and scary thing about this kind of stuff is these people are starting to spread their influence around this country more and more everyday. For instance it's ok to smoke marijuana in California but you can't carry a gun to protect yourself. They won't give a convicted murderer the death penalty but it's ok to kill an unborn child. Really?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    A gun tax like this is a bigger fear of mine with the second term of Obama rather than an outright gun ban. That's his hometown and his school of thought.

As far as visiting Chicago again the more I read about that bass-ackward town the less I ever want to even get near it. Oh, and as far as people living there, it's little wonder why the sane residents are fleeing as fast as they can.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Need to understand this city has always been corrupt. The politicians are easy to buy off. That said there are some fine people that live there. They just need to stand up take back their city and deal with the corruption in the harshest way possible. If we are not careful the rest of the country will follow suit.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Our only daughter might take a job in Chicago and I hate the idea of course. But good jobs are hard to find and it's time for her to do some more growing up an leave the nest again. I just wish it could be somewhere else. It's really got me worried.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Cabela's have to be crapping their pants in Hammond. Folks from IL are going to flock there, just like the smokers come to IN to buy cigarettes. They will love the extra business. And it is a heckuva lot easier to drive to than out to Hoffman Estates store, traffic-wise.

Last edited:

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    I was talking with an IL gun show promoter and found out this only affects 1 store. there are no gun shows or gun shops in cook county. except a cabela's.. oops sucks for them

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was talking with an IL gun show promoter and found out this only affects 1 store. there are no gun shows or gun shops in cook county. except a cabela's.. oops sucks for them

Ummm, what?

Who is this IL gun show promoter?

Does he not know his market?:dunno:

Never heard of Maxon, Chuck's, Pelchers and so on???

Cabela's have to be crapping there pants in Hammond. Folks from IL are going to flock there, just like the smokers come to IN to buy cigarettes.

No, that would be illegal.

they just do their dang job in catching the criminals and make THEM pay for it?

Because .gov cannot control the criminals. Easier to rule the law-abiding.

People will simply buy guns in other counties.

Long past time to reel Cook County back in but the Illinois voters just made that impossible. The only way to restore order to Illinois is via the feds and I don't see Obama enforcing the Constitution on his home state anytime soon.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Great idea Cook County. Punish law abiding citizen's by taxing them for the actions of criminals. Criminals who commit the gun violence wont be affected by this tax. Brilliant! :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'll be in Chicago over Thanksgiving, but I won't be buying a gun, so I can care less about their gun tax.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Expect Cabela's to challenge this in the courts. They had Hoffman Estates repeal their anti gun ordnance as a condition of them locating there. Also, GAT Guns is just a few minutes away in Kane county. I imagine they are OK with this law.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Great idea Cook County. Punish law abiding citizen's by taxing them for the actions of criminals. Criminals who commit the gun violence wont be affected by this tax. Brilliant! :rolleyes:
    Exactly.
    No respect for those who stay within the law. Follow the laws and get punished. Break the laws and get rewarded. They'll get them guns one way or another.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    chicago, might I be the first to say........

brilliant_i_have_just_been_handed_an_urgent_and_horrifying_news_story-s1022x768-85430-535.jpg

This will change everything!

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom