• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Their "legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior" doesn't seem to be hurting their business much. You can't get near the one on Southport Rd east of Emerson at lunch time for the traffic. And that's in the immediate area of a dozen other fast food places. The fact that CFA is closed on Sunday clearly expresses their intent to stand by their principles even if it impacts potential earnings. Good for them!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Saw some yammering about: "hey straight people, if they did this to you, you'd want them out of business too."

Let's think about this.

If you don't like the causes the owner's family contributes to, don't eat there. No problem. Feel free.

Trying to use the power of government (local or not) to silence viewpoints you don't like?

No. No, I would not do that. There is no equivalence.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I believe CFA is the second or third fastest growing fast food restaurant in the nation AND they are privately owned. Their secret to success is no secret: the quality of service is undeniable, the team goes out of their way to please the consumer and the product is top notch.

I've never had a mistake that wasn't immediately corrected with a smile and, therefore, I have never left CFA disappointed.

One final note, their core culture which is a result of their faith lays the foundation to be successful. Truett Cathy is a model businessman for any individual looking to start or grow enterprise. His book Eat Mor Chikin, Inspire More People is highly recommended.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Saw some yammering about: "hey straight people, if they did this to you, you'd want them out of business too."

Let's think about this.

If you don't like the causes the owner's family contributes to, don't eat there. No problem. Feel free.

Trying to use the power of government (local or not) to silence viewpoints you don't like?

No. No, I would not do that. There is no equivalence.

And thusly we reach the crux of the issue, using the power of government in retaliation of viewpoints and speech. No allegations have been lodged they discriminate in their business practices...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And thusly we reach the crux of the issue, using the power of government in retaliation of viewpoints and speech. No allegations have been lodged they discriminate in their business practices...

No allegations and no evidence that I've ever heard. I think we all understand that if there had been a single incident where the lowest level employee at a franchisee owned Chick-fil-A had said something that was vaguely homophobic, we would have all heard about it.

No. They train and require the employees to treat every customer with respect and try to give them the best experience possible. Every customer.

There have been no allegations of employment discrimination either- same thing, if there had been.....

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...-a-banned-from-opening-in-san-antonio-airport
    Chick-fil-A Banned From Opening in San Antonio Airport

The San Antonio City Council voted to pass a project as long as it didn’t allow Chick-fil-A to open an eatery in the airport.

Note. NOT California. TEXAS.

Big cities Governments are always infested with Democrats If for no other reason than Democrats want government to do everything.

Up until the last presidential election there were some republican offsets and directions, usually in the prosecutors office, sheriff, things like that. Sometimes a couple on the city Council.

But during the last presidential election There was straight party line voting and this wiped out the last bits of rationality in Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas.

There is a Chick-fil-A in San Antonio, and it is mobbed all of the time. They have lines of cars all the way around the building and out the end of the street waiting for the drive-through, and the interior is just as crowded. They are amazingly fast at getting everyone through though

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    And thusly we reach the crux of the issue, using the power (i.e., guns) of government in retaliation of viewpoints and speech. No allegations have been lodged they discriminate in their business practices...

That’s why the DemoStatist Party is so desperate to restrict firearms to the military and to law enforcement, both of which they intend to totally control.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My son and I have discussed the prospect of opening a Chick-fil-A near the entrance of the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, KY. Talk about location, location, location....and there is NOTHING between the major highway and the entrance.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My son and I have discussed the prospect of opening a Chick-fil-A near the entrance of the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, KY. Talk about location, location, location....and there is NOTHING between the major highway and the entrance.
    My only concern is the restaurant would be tied to a single specific attraction and if something happened to that, so goes the restaurant.

Top Bottom