• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I had one that was killing my chicks in the garage. He was crawling through a hole he made through the insulation up near the rafters. A snare worked really well the next night.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I use a Duffer's Raccoon Trap baited with grape jelly and marshmallow fluff. Keeps my cats and other unintended animals out of it because it can only be set off by a raccoon. Then a .22LR round to the perpetrators cranium usually solves the problem.
    95807_ts.JPG

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    After your done trapping and killing this one, consider getting a couple of emu's. No joke. A buddy in Texas lives next to a guy who keeps emus mixed in amongst his chickens and goats to keep all predators away. The males have a spike on the back of each leg. They can hit 30 mph and enjoy kicking coyotes to death.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    After your done trapping and killing this one, consider getting a couple of emu's. No joke. A buddy in Texas lives next to a guy who keeps emus mixed in amongst his chickens and goats to keep all predators away. The males have a spike on the back of each leg. They can hit 30 mph and enjoy kicking coyotes to death.

My Uncle keeps a couple of donkeys in w/ the goats and calves. They are great at keeping coyotes at bay.

Ironsights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Michigan City
    Sorry for not updating. Been busy.
    2 coons dead. #220 conibear bucket sets always do the trick. Had one baited with half a Slim Jim covered in peanut butter, with a hamburger grease trail leading to and into the bucket. The other was baited with my son's leftover Country style rib, smothered in Open Pit, with an Open Pit trail leading into the bucket, and a healthy dose of cream corn.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    2 coons dead. #220 conibear bucket sets always do the trick. Had one baited with half a Slim Jim covered in peanut butter, with a hamburger grease trail leading to and into the bucket. The other was baited with my son's leftover Country style rib, smothered in Open Pit, with an Open Pit trail leading into the bucket, and a healthy dose of cream corn.

Sounds delicious.
    I better never come over to your house or I might get caught in a trap
    trying to get at the good eats and get a .22 to the skull for my trouble.

:D

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL

I was gonna say - sounds like you're trying to trap INGO members. :D Note to self, if I'm ever by Ironsights house and see a sixpack of PBR that I can reach if I just push that "branch" out of the way....don't touch it.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis

Good riddance. Damn coons are a real pest and carry all sorts of nasty disease, not to mention the money your out in livestock!

My wish is to have my 8 acres and a mule one day. Have some hens and chicks and so fourth. But for now I am stuck in the friggin' city

Top Bottom