• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Ranger2K, I think you've got the right attitude (although I'd still like to see a meeting between you and Streak - the guy you quoted - it sort of has to do with civility in discourse) and I'm pleased that you both are members of INGO. Hang around and feel free to jump in whenever you have an opinion; unlike some others around this site, it looks like you've got skin thick enough to handle folks who might disagree with your point of view.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I think I have right to speak up, and so I did. As I said, you're free to listen or not, America and radios work that way. I don't listen much myself, and I get it that many don't because it's just not their bag. That's cool. It's not by bag at all times either, but I'm busy taking care of our 3 year old in the afternoons so listening time for me is minimal. My only pushback here is that Daisy is attacked at a personal level daily, using words that most Naval Officers would blush at. So, if I took it to a personal level on a daily basis, I'd be divorced or dead from the stress. I know Daisy appreciates all that follow their show/site, so thank you for participating.

Rep inbound. OkieGirl is the most socially opinionated woman I've ever met. But she speaks common sense and I'll back her up any time, any day. So do the COTR.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Sorry, I really didn't think my post was scolding at all, but when I see posts like this:

They're talking about a makeover, but the biggest image problem of conservatives (specifically the Republican party) is that it's all old people. These chicks look like they're in their mid to late 40s already (if not older) or is the "plastic surgery" makeover that they're going towards. You know, the fake stuff.

I think I have right to speak up, and so I did. As I said, you're free to listen or not, America and radios work that way. I don't listen much myself, and I get it that many don't because it's just not their bag. That's cool. It's not by bag at all times either, but I'm busy taking care of our 3 year old in the afternoons so listening time for me is minimal. My only pushback here is that Daisy is attacked at a personal level daily, using words that most Naval Officers would blush at. So, if I took it to a personal level on a daily basis, I'd be divorced or dead from the stress. I know Daisy appreciates all that follow their show/site, so thank you for participating.

Again, thanks for following them, and I have no issue with anyone not like their show, that's a choice we have here in our country, and that choice is something that COTR believes in strongly.

I took it personally, sorry about that. I tend to skip past the guy who posted that stuff you're referring to above.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You're good Ranger. Stand by your woman. They've got a good thing going. Not everybody's cup of tea, but :dunno:.

With all of the hard core left/right seriousness on the airwaves, its nice to hear some conservative lighthearted voices out there. Yeah, sometimes they can be a bit annoying but arent we all? Thats what the channel button is for. (can I get a channel button for MY wife?:):)

Here's hoping for their continued success. :yesway:

111NMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like their show. I first saw them on FB, and am glad to hear them on the radio. I enjoy the show. At that time slot, it is what I want to hear in the manner I want to hear it. If you listen to the radio all day, most of the news topics have been beaten to death. So, I llike COTR.
    I was listenting to their show while stuck in traffic one day. I emailed a comment, and was sorta surprised that I got a reply in about 3 minutes. I wish them luck

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    We listen to WIBC at work all the time. I really enjoy listening to Garrison, Rush and Dana.

At first, I enjoyed the Chick On The Right. But, anymore, they're just acting like dumb blondes. They overuse the words "like, that's whack".

I listen to WIBC for the news, politics, and to learn and listen to like-minded individuals. These are serious times in our country, nothing to joke about.

I change the station as soon as the Chicks start talking.

I'm hoping WIBC gets smart, and starts playing the second hour of Dana.

No offense to the INGO'ers wife.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We listen to WIBC at work all the time. I really enjoy listening to Garrison, Rush and Dana.

At first, I enjoyed the Chick On The Right. But, anymore, they're just acting like dumb blondes. They overuse the words "like, that's whack".

I listen to WIBC for the news, politics, and to learn and listen to like-minded individuals. These are serious times in our country, nothing to joke about.

That's ok. You're not their target demographic.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

They separate the Dana show. First hour at 3pm, then they pick it back up around 7 or 8pm. Very odd.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    When WIBC first started carrying her, the show was in the afternoons from 2-4 central. You would catch the first hour of her show live before they went to Wenk at 4 our time. Then her station gave her another hour and changed her time slot to coincide with Rush for some odd reason.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    LOL, I wonder if this much attention would be given to D***s on the Right. Yes, I know part of the appeal is the rarity of a conservative viewpoint from women on the radio. But aside from that, are we surprised there's a range of reaction to them?

I personally don't find [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] the show content cerebral enough. But I realize that's part of their show format. I would prefer to listen to Dana, Rush, Levin, and Hannity (usually in that order). I'm glad they're out there. Chances are a good number of fence sitters might be more open to hearing the conservative side from a direction that it far less aggressive and abrasive than the more mainstream ones. So more power to 'em.

On a side note: I lost all respect for Abdul when he refused to condemn Andre Carson specifically for the garbage coming out of Indiana's 7th District.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I like shows about news and issues, preferably local. So far the "Chicks" are fresh and hot, but they are at a bad time for my listening so I hear them little. I'm sure to get sick of them just like all the rest. Like Garrison, I'm sure I'll listen to them for the local aspects that might crop up (when nothing else better is available.)

Note - The TERRIBLY repetitious adds and promos on WIBC are enough to make one search for other stations. If I have to hear that awful Dan Dockage/Bobby Knight promo for the sister station again I think I'll hurl.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I like shows about news and issues, preferably local. So far the "Chicks" are fresh and hot, but they are at a bad time for my listening so I hear them little. I'm sure to get sick of them just like all the rest. Like Garrison, I'm sure I'll listen to them for the local aspects that might crop up (when nothing else better is available.)

Note - The TERRIBLY repetitious adds and promos on WIBC are enough to make one search for other stations. If I have to hear that awful Dan Dockage/Bobby Knight promo for the sister station again I think I'll hurl.

You must listen over the internet. My current peeve is the little girls in the food bank commercials.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm trying, I really am... But today's show wrapped talking about how some hippy probably doesn't bathe, and "i bet you he smells real bad..." Etc.

They make it hard for me to try to listen...

Top Bottom