Chiefs Fan Accused Of Racism Files Lawsuit…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Phillips later wrote in a story, which was titled 'the NFL needs to speak out against the Kansas City Chiefs fan in Black face, Native headdress', that Armenta had 'found a way to hate Black people and the Native Americans at the same time' with his face paint at the game.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Deadspin did not take down the photo and add an editor's note until the family threatened legal action. The note claimed the outlet was unaware of the full photo – that proves the fan was not wearing blackface – until it received a legal threat.“

“That is not true.”

“OutKick sent Deadspin and Phillips the full photo of the boy's face three hours after it published the original article on Nov. 27. Phillips acknowledged our email that day with a now-deleted tweet saying that "Red and black face paint is just as offensive
    ."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not trying to victim blame here, but lie with the dogs, get fleas. Nothing good comes out of associating with the NFL in any way.

But where else are you going to get your fix of burly men in tight pants reaching in to each other's crotches and waiting to feel a ball thrust in to their hands? It's the manliest of manly men sports for men who are manly.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You don't hate journalists enough.
    That’s true but I posit that there never were the mythical unicorns we were told existed in journalism. The current media landscape is becoming the more natural one, one where no one is believed neutral, everyone has an angle even if that is just getting clicks. William Randolph Hearst and his yellow journalism are real and natural to humans, the whole journalism thing our parents believed coming out of WWII was a propaganda lie

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That’s true but I posit that there never were the mythical unicorns we were told existed in journalism. The current media landscape is becoming the more natural one, one where no one is believed neutral, everyone has an angle even if that is just getting clicks. William Randolph Hearst and his yellow journalism are real and natural to humans, the whole journalism thing our parents believed coming out of WWII was a propaganda lie
    I have also come around to this belief. There was no golden age. Journos are just pining for the days when they had full control of the narrative and nobody was allowed to backtalk them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

This.

Read Civil War era newsprint if you need further proof. I think the biggest difference is the pretense of neutrality in modern times and how much money there is to be made. If there ever was a time of journalistic integrity high points, maybe the 80s/90s when tv news was a loss leader vs a major profit center. *If*.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    “OutKick sent Deadspin and Phillips the full photo of the boy's face three hours after it published the original article on Nov. 27. Phillips acknowledged our email that day with a now-deleted tweet saying that "Red and black face paint is just as offensive."
    This right here is why the kid deserves millions. They were informed they were telling a lie. They responded by doubling down.

Had they pulled an "oopsie" and deleted the story at least, I could have sympathy. Ideally they would have retracted with an apology for the misunderstanding. But since none was offered and they continued the lie, the kid deserves to have his and 2 more generations of college paid for by these clowns.

This woke lying nonsense has to stop, and its not going to until they start feeling the pain.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This right here is why the kid deserves millions. They were informed they were telling a lie. They responded by doubling down.

Had they pulled an "oopsie" and deleted the story at least, I could have sympathy. Ideally they would have retracted with an apology for the misunderstanding. But since none was offered and they continued the lie, the kid deserves to have his and 2 more generations of college paid for by these clowns.

This woke lying nonsense has to stop, and its not going to until they start feeling the pain.

If there is no scandal to cover, you have to create one. How else do you get clicks and stay in business?

Stories like this rile people up. It's profitable. As long as it's profitable, they'll do it. I hope the family owns them at the end of the day. Literally owns them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If there is no scandal to cover, you have to create one. How else do you get clicks and stay in business?

Stories like this rile people up. It's profitable. As long as it's profitable, they'll do it. I hope the family owns them at the end of the day. Literally owns them.
    click based profit is what has destroyed journalism. Prove me wrong.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    click based profit is what has destroyed journalism. Prove me wrong.
    Easy enough. “Click based” makes it sound like something new, it is not, someone has to pay for it. Sensational headlines and TV promos have always been a part of selling the “news”.

It almost sounds like you believe in the myth that there ever was ”unbiased” news and that new was sold by sensationalism?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Easy enough. “Click based” makes it sound like something new, it is not, someone has to pay for it. Sensational headlines and TV promos have always been a part of selling the “news”.

It almost sounds like you believe in the myth that there ever was ”unbiased” news and that new was sold by sensationalism?
    No, they have always had a slant.
    But now they are incentivized to crank out click bait. Before it wasnt as prolific because people paid them for their paper, which was printed for all to read. They could tweak readership a bit by doing better. But unless they sucked hard, they would retain those subscriptions.

Today if they dont tweak via clickbait, they dont earn.

Top Bottom