• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    They said the child's father, who works as a security guard had gotten home from work and thought he had secured his gun.
    Yeah, well listen meathead, the gun either IS secured or it is NOT secured. "Gee I thought" is NOT an option around kids. :xmad:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This hits close to home for me simply because my other half does armed security as well. Then again my other half is smart enough to secure his weapon. And my children also know the basics of gun safety, as young as they are. I find that my children don't even care about guns. They're not something cool or interesting. They're like a piece of furniture. We also know to secure them so the kids can't get them. You have to find the happy middle ground between "This isn't a toy so don't mess with it" and "This is some really cool forbidden thing but you can never see it"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Kids will be kids. Kids are curious. Maybe they will do it in front of you maybe they will do it behind your back but those little eyes operate curious hands. Lock em up folks!
    My child (both children) started cleaning, disassembling and reassembling guns before they could speak. But I've also drilled the 4 rules into my older child and even my little one. I'd still never leave even an unloaded gun with my child having access to it. Never.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I believe he thought he hid it, not secured it. Under the mattress is not secure.

The child will likely have permanent physical damage from this.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This hits close to home for me simply because my other half does armed security as well. Then again my other half is smart enough to secure his weapon. And my children also know the basics of gun safety, as young as they are. I find that my children don't even care about guns. They're not something cool or interesting. They're like a piece of furniture. We also know to secure them so the kids can't get them. You have to find the happy middle ground between "This isn't a toy so don't mess with it" and "This is some really cool forbidden thing but you can never see it"

The guy could have simply made a huge mistake or a bad judgement call. It happens quite a bit whether it is securing something from your children or shooting a parking lot during a show and tell. Then again, the guy could be a complete and total moron.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The guy could have simply made a huge mistake or a bad judgement call. It happens quite a bit whether it is securing something from your children or shooting a parking lot during a show and tell. Then again, the guy could be a complete and total moron.

I hope it's the former and not the latter...for the sake of any children involved. I realize that we can't all be there when these incidents happen, whether it be a child with a gun or an AD during "show and tell" or anything else similar, so we don't really know exactly how it went down. We take from it what we can and come to conclusion based on that. Sometimes our conclusion is wrong. In this case I hope it is.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hope it's the former and not the latter...for the sake of any children involved. I realize that we can't all be there when these incidents happen, whether it be a child with a gun or an AD during "show and tell" or anything else similar, so we don't really know exactly how it went down. We take from it what we can and come to conclusion based on that. Sometimes our conclusion is wrong. In this case I hope it is.

The gun was "hidden" under a mattress. Children were left unsupervised in the same room. You know the results.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, having worked armed private security for no less than five years now, I can accurately guess what type of person this guard was. Not all security guards are as simple minded as I make it seem, but this line of work does not attract the most intelligent people, armed or unarmed. Hope the kid recovers as best as he can.

Top Bottom