• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    If you haven't yet found this wonderful Ale....do so! Yes, it's pricey, but.....in the waiting room in Heaven, when they're processing your paperwork for admittance, I have no doubt that Chimay Blue is available on tap. What a treat.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The larger liquor stores all have it. Bottle is corked and looks more like a wine bottle than an ale. I've also heard that some Meijer's have it but not the one by me. It's 9% ABV, so it doesn't take much to get you through the evening :) It sells for about $14/bottle.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I like my beer like I like my wimmins. Dark amber, cold, and with a nice foamy head. I'm Scutter01, and I'm a beer snob.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Picked up a 25oz bottle today. I definitely need a trappist glass. The pilsner glass I used is wholly inappropriate for this beer. Very good flavor to it, but it's almost a necessity to let it warm up a bit. 50-55 degrees seems to be about the sweet spot for me. Also makes me wish I had a steak or even just a little port salut to eat with it. Also, 9% ABV. Wooof. the 25oz bottle is like four regular beers and two is my usual limit.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I will go out right now and get you some port salut to go with it! Be back shortly... :)

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Yep, a wide mouth glass and at about 50 degrees is perfect. I grilled a steak last night and had it with a bottle. Costs too much for everyday but great for an occasional treat.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think if you look at it in the context of 9% ABV, you're actually saving money. Fewer ounces consumed, end result is the same, and sooner..

:D

I don't drink beer to get hammered. If I wanted that, I'd buy whatever the cheapest beer was that Walmart sells. That said, at 9% for this trappist ale, I'ma get Belgian hammered by the end of this bottle.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm about a third into my second glass. I've poured, but not drunk, almost half the bottle and my head is already spinning a bit. I am definitely a lightweight, but that's probably why I prefer beer I can savor over the cheap swill.

I stared at the Adult Swim sweeper card on my TV for almost a full minute before realizing my TiVo was paused.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Some awfully nice beers being poured at the Indiana Microbrewers Festival today. Some of the highlights for me (aside from our own specialty beers) were the Shark Pants from Three Floyd's, a bottle of Pliny the Elder from Russian River, and Cashew Mountain Brown from Founder's.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Almost through this bottle and yes, it's quite alcoholic. Wish I'd known about the festival; I would have gone*.

*Note: Even drunk, can still use correct punctuation. Take THAT!

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I once got an Israeli girl's number with a bottle of the stuff.
    Right there in the Alexandria, LA mall, she was selling those nail polishing kits with the lotions. I remember striking up a conversation with her, discussing her time in the IDF when the subject turned to her favorite beer. I just so happened to pick up a few bottles of this fine brew at the class VI. I gave her a bottle, she gave me her number.

I bought three of those GD kits and found out the number was phony.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh, he's upstairs and I'm still downstairs. Party hasn't even started yet....

Wait?!?! What are you talking about?? :)

Top Bottom