China demands withdraw of troops from Taiwan.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like someone at DOD has some SF guys and marines training the resistance fighters. Will they last longer than the Afgans we trained? wonder if the Taiwanese get free nods and m4’s?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw the news story yesterday that SF/MARSOC guys had been there for a while. I guess Xinnie the Pooh sees the same news I do.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Makes me think about the US military versus Afghan “bad guys”. Taliban still in charge after 20 years of being put down.
    Don’t count Taiwan out too easily.
    I certainly wish for the best. Can't be good though.Biden won't back them up and we will just look like unreliable allies

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Taiwan military 230k
    China military. 2 Million
    I think this can go sideways fast

It all depends on whether the US supports Taiwan.

I think china's military would be pretty inept in actual warfare. But I don't think Taiwan's military has much experience either. Only the US really has a lot of veterans in the ranks.

The PLA death toll will be comical if the US does decide to defend Taiwan.

Also I wouldn't say china's military is 2 million. I'd wager that is a hilariously inflated figure and not reality.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    15053157_0.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    230K, defending their home?

Did you read the post on "the other forum"? Apparently there's a fairly strong minority that wants to reunite with China and there's strong generational differences. Older people tend to be more favorable toward mainland China.

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Makes me think about the US military versus Afghan “bad guys”. Taliban still in charge after 20 years of being put down.
    Don’t count Taiwan out too easily.
    The U.S.A. is also a democracy (Mostly) and was fighting a limited war trying to go after targets hiding amonsgt the civilian population. To the Chinese, I'd Wager that every person on the island is a target. There is no limited war and there is no hiding amongst civilians because everyone and everything would be a target. China has no chill, and I'd wager that a large amount of that 2 million number would actually be willing to fight because their populace is so brainwashed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did you read the post on "the other forum"? Apparently there's a fairly strong minority that wants to reunite with China and there's strong generational differences. Older people tend to be more favorable toward mainland China.
    Hhhmmm, older. Older... I've got a few thoughts on the age of the "older". Bouncing to "the other forum" to see if I'm tracking.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So China is worried about the US response if Americans are killed but if we remove our troops they have no hesitation decimating Taiwanese people.

Heck, Joe barely cares about Americans left in Afghanistan. If he pulls out US troops as “ordered” we won’t do anything.

Top Bottom