Chinese ammo for sale Cheeeep! Get what you pay for!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Had a reload do the same thing to a Taurus 66, got powder burns & the detonation blew the gun down instead of up from the detonation.Found an article that Mike Venturino did a few years later where he had a Colt single action do the same thing & he resolved that it was a under grain load rather than a over load due to the fact that a double charge wouldnt have allowed the bullet to seat in the brass due to the excess powder charge. I felt the same thing happened to me in retrospect because i had let my powder almost run out & probably wasnt getting enough of a charge & it created to much airspace(357 magnum) By the way ,Taurus replaced the gun as long as I signed a waiver that I wouldnt seek any legal action.
    ^^^^^^^WHAT IS SMURFETTE DOING TO PAPA SMURF !!!!^^^^^^^^

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Only trouble I ever had with norinco was about 3% FTF from a batch of 7.62x39. Had the same with Wolf. Better than ones loaded with flash powder from firecrackers to go BANG, I guess.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    This forum thread claims it was reloads, not Chinese ammo.
    S&W 44 magnum accident

This!

For crying out loud... Not more than 3 years ago, it was Russian ammo. They keep changing the "enemy" in this clearly improper reload situation in an ethnocentric cry of ignorance.

No offense to the OP, but it really riles me up when folks keep posting this and blame the Chinese. I have nitwits at work that would use the Chinese for any scapegoating: The reason they can't get a raise (no, it's your poor work ethic and attitude), they can't get it up b/c of chemicals they put in food (no, it's your too old), etc...

Rule 1 of the internet: If it's a forwarded email like that, it's not fresh, it's practically Etruscan in age. :D

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    an article that Mike Venturino
    did a few years later where he had a Colt single action do the same thing &
    he resolved that it was a under grain load rather than
    a over load due to the fact that a double charge wouldn't have allowed the
    bullet to seat in the brass due to the excess powder charge.

With a properly seated bullet, LESS powder equals LESS pressure. Mike's excuse makes no sense at all.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    With a properly seated bullet, LESS powder equals LESS pressure. Mike's excuse makes no sense at all.

This theory only goes so far. At a point, the powder has enough air to Explode in stead of burn. I think this is fairly well known in reloading. This is why a lot of manuals have minimum loads.

If you load with a "minimum" load, the bullet isn't just fallling out the end of the barrel, minimum loads still have lots of energy. If you go too much below this, and you're really unlucky and hit a sweet spot in the air/fuel(powder) ratio, you get an explosion instead of a nice powder burn.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The only bad stuff to do with ammo that has ever happened to me came from good old american made reloads! Even "remanufactured" ammo has given me fits. I have never had a problem with Wolf or Silver Bear.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    This theory only goes so far. At a point, the powder has enough air to Explode in stead of burn. I think this is fairly well known in reloading. This is why a lot of manuals have minimum loads.

If you load with a "minimum" load, the bullet isn't just fallling out the end of the barrel, minimum loads still have lots of energy. If you go too much below this, and you're really unlucky and hit a sweet spot in the air/fuel(powder) ratio, you get an explosion instead of a nice powder burn.

Thanks for explaining that to me, certainly had me confused.

itsgreg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hudson
    Have seen a lot of Chinese ammo around at the last few shows have never heard this story about it, but have heard enough not to ever buy it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Why buy Chinese when Korean is so cheap and good?

I'd like to further the legend by claiming I heard it wasn't the gun or the ammo, but the solvent used to clean the gun. The solvent was made in Iran...

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Why buy Chinese when Korean is so cheap and good?

I'd like to further the legend by claiming I heard it wasn't the gun or the ammo, but the solvent used to clean the gun. The solvent was made in Iran...

But I also heard that the solvent was composed of chemicals of MSD(some of which came from N Korea). Interestingly, I'm guessing its the same components that led the the failure of the latest missle test....

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    The original post here is apocryphal. I used to shoot Norinco in my Makarov. It was like shooting black powder, dirty and smoky, but never hot.
    I agree. I used up most of my Norinco 9X18, and it was smoking and DIRTY. Using it meant I learned early to clean the gun after every use. I guess my Makarov is in such good shape because I used this stuff in the past. Got about 50 rounds of it left. I think I will use it all up this weekend to be done with it.

Top Bottom