• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    I just found out the chipotle banned people from bringing their weapons into their restaurants, unless youre an LEO. im sure most of you know, but the ban came after several open carry activists stopped in for lunch one day.

Chipotle asks customers not to bring guns to its stores

im obviously a little late in discovering this since it happened in May. I'm just surprised to hear about this since I go to chipotle 2-3 times/week, almost always carrying.(I usually never open carry)

I wonder if the decision makers at chipotle realize how stupid they are? Do they not understand that if a criminal with bad intentions wanted to cause harm inside of a chipotle restaurant, the criminal would ignore their ridiculous gun ban...

btw, would anybody still conceal carry in their restaurant, or other restaurants with similar bans?

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Meh. They don't get my business anyways. The first time I had Chipotle, I thought was going to be my last day on Earth.

Girlfriend also got a rock in her burrito the first time she went. (Rocks in the kitchen? Seriously?)

Don't like the food and apparently now I don't like their business practices.

Oh well.

Oh and absolutely still conceal carry. Concealed means concealed. If i did ever have to eat there for some reason I'd rather go down from a crap burrito than a psycho path who hates the burritos more than me.

Overall though, this is nothing new. Lots of businesses have done this. It's good PR. They are more worried about the anti-gun lobbyists than they are the ones who carry.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I just found out the chipotle banned people from bringing their weapons into their restaurants, unless youre an LEO. im sure most of you know, but the ban came after several open carry activists stopped in for lunch one day.

Chipotle asks customers not to bring guns to its stores

im obviously a little late in discovering this since it happened in May. I'm just surprised to hear about this since I go to chipotle 2-3 times/week, almost always carrying.(I usually never open carry)

I wonder if the decision makers at chipotle realize how stupid they are? Do they not understand that if a criminal with bad intentions wanted to cause harm inside of a chipotle restaurant, the criminal would ignore their ridiculous gun ban...

btw, would anybody still conceal carry in their restaurant, or other restaurants with similar bans?

If it's not prohibited by the state of Indiana, I'll still carry there. I never eat there since there is none near me, but when I lived in Bloomington I'd go to Chiplote once every other week or so and when I go on a trip that requires me to fly, I may eat at the one in the airport when I get back (but god, never BEFORE a flight). If I still lived near one, I'd still carry in one. It's not illegal, it's just a store policy. Worst case scenario, they spot it and ask you to leave.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    My take on it is, why give your money to a business that obviously doesn't want you as a customer? They could sell food that lowered my cholesterol, made me better looking, and guaranteed my souls salvation and entry into the kingdom of heaven... and I would not go. Do not patronize businesses that loathe beliefs you hold dear. End of rant.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Since you're new here seabass, you might be interested in making you up some "No Guns, No Bussiness" cards to hand out to such places. If you'll search this site, I'm sure you'll find a template for them. Simply ending your patronage does not send any kind of message to a business owner. They'll have no idea that a particular policy is costing the sales.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Just for info. I believe that was a press release from May 2014. I OC at the Greenwood location last month. Our friends picked the restuarant and that's where we ended uop. I was wondering why a couple customers were giving me dirty looks. Then it dawn on me where I was. Staff did not ask me to leave.

I would never try to test a location but if my gun is not welcomed neither is my money. Ever wonder how many folks are CC at a location that is "gun free"? Funny.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Meh. They don't get my business anyways. The first time I had Chipotle, I thought was going to be my last day on Earth.

Girlfriend also got a rock in her burrito the first time she went. (Rocks in the kitchen? Seriously?)

Don't like the food and apparently now I don't like their business practices.

Oh well.

Oh and absolutely still conceal carry. Concealed means concealed. If i did ever have to eat there for some reason I'd rather go down from a crap burrito than a psycho path who hates the burritos more than me.

Overall though, this is nothing new. Lots of businesses have done this. It's good PR. They are more worried about the anti-gun lobbyists than they are the ones who carry.

Actually, rocks in bulk pinto beans are pretty common.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    IMO "OC activists" have probably caused more businesses to post No Firearms signs than Shannon Watts has. Particularly those who want to make sure everybody knows they're carrying.

Once again, "We have met the enemy and he is us" (Pogo)

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    IMO "OC activists" have probably caused more businesses to post No Firearms signs than Shannon Watts has. Particularly those who want to make sure everybody knows they're carrying.

Once again, "We have met the enemy and he is us" (Pogo)

Doubt it, since her group is the one bullying businesses into posting said signs. But we all have our own opinions on things.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have never been in a Chipolte restaurant and now know that I never will be. But, yes........I would CC there, as long as it is not breaking any laws to do so.

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Buffalo Wild Wings is the same they have signs posted at the entrance. Restaurant should do what some southern state restaurants do and give a 10% discount to people that are carrying legally. Bring more business to the place and probably keep any crime probabilities down.

Top Bottom