• Poll closed .

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I don't know if there is no love for them. I think they are great guns, just for some reason hard to resale it seems like.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I really like my Pro Series S&W. Never had any problems with it. I honestly don't know why there is so much hate for the external extractor.

My only criticism of the gun is the loose trigger. Otherwise it shoots great and looks good. I would definitely recommend one if somebody wanted a 1911 in that price range.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Well I actually showed some restraint and decided to hold off. Maybe it was the price of gas that aided that decision. I really couldn't come up with anything. I drive a good distance to purchase my toys. Throw some ideas at me. I want something heavy and sexy. Prefer stainless and don't mind two tone. I need something accurate and reliable. You love a 1911 and it won't push 1,200 let me hear about it. Thanks

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Another big thing is price point for what you get for me.

There is a Stainless Wilson Combat Protector down here in Seymour. Yes they are $3000, sorry. But if you have a lot of guns I would just sell/trade them in and go for broke. I recently sacrificed 7 handguns and got a Wilson. I couldn't be happier with my decision. Sometimes less/fewer is more.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    There is a Stainless Wilson Combat Protector down here in Seymour. Yes they are $3000, sorry. But if you have a lot of guns I would just sell/trade them in and go for broke. I recently sacrificed 7 handguns and got a Wilson. I couldn't be happier with my decision. Sometimes less/fewer is more.

Is that Acme?

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I just picked up a used, in real good shape, springfield 1911-A1 today, at the gun show in Lafayette, for $450. I thought that was a good deal.
    I emailed springfield, they told me my new gun was built in 1990.

Last edited:

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Very happy with my Ruger SR1911.
    Stainless, and under $1K.

If you're not dead set on stainless, the STI Spartan is very nice, so is the Trojan, but that one may be just over your price point.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    Very happy with my Ruger SR1911.
    Stainless, and under $1K.

If you're not dead set on stainless, the STI Spartan is very nice, so is the Trojan, but that one may be just over your price point.

my local dealer put his name on a list for me, last July (2012)for a
    SR1911, still waiting. Still hope to get one, some day.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    rock island armory 1911 government.

Excellent all round 1911 at under $700. Gives you plenty of opportunities for modifications and shoots true while being very reliable. I've got the commander model and enjoy every bit of it

Top Bottom