• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which Glock 19

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'll take either, but I like the G4 for the larger mag release and the grip size without any back straps. Those aren't deal breakers, though. I'd be perfectly happy with the G3.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My favorite Glock 19 is the M&P9.

Your Glock 19 sucks.

Interestingly...I have a friend who has an M&P9c and she let me and my wife shoot it!

Sooooooo glad we had the opportunity to do so before my wife purchased her next pistol...she went with the Springfield XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm...which is much nicer than the M&P when it came to accuracy and just plain 'ole shooting fun!

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Why limit it to Gen 3 or 4?

My favorite is my Gen 2 G19. It was made in 1990 and has been on my hip daily since 1995. Still going strong.

I guess one day, it'll break and i'll have to move up to a circa 2000 era Gen 3, so I guess i'll pick gen 3 if I have to.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Interestingly...I have a friend who has an M&P9c and she let me and my wife shoot it!

Sooooooo glad we had the opportunity to do so before my wife purchased her next pistol...she went with the Springfield XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm...which is much nicer than the M&P when it came to accuracy and just plain 'ole shooting fun!
    hilarious.

XD, the Borat of polymer pistols.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Gen 4. As mentioned before you get a more customizable grip without resorting to a dremel, soldering iron or grinder. Oversized mag release and the dual-recoil spring makes for a very sweet package. All about the Gen 4.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    19c is my choice. If I used a Gen 4 on a regular basis I would swap the RSA out for a Gen 3. You will find the Gen 3 RSA much more forgiving where ammo is concerned (speaks to reliability) cheaper to replace and longer lasting. I do have a Gen 4 19 and a Gen 2 17C that I shoot quite a bit but the Gen 3s in general just work better for me.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    2ziv4uo.jpg

This one. :cool:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll take either, but I like the G4 for the larger mag release and the grip size without any back straps. Those aren't deal breakers, though. I'd be perfectly happy with the G3.

Pretty much this. Either is fine, but a slight edge to the Gen 4. I have also swapped out the mag releases on both my Gen 3 and my Gen 4's with the Vickers mag release. It makes a bigger difference on the Gen 4. (also put them on my 43's as well)

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I have an rtf-2 and I wish that I had bought literally ANY other generation or version other than that one. Felt good in the shop but the first time I carried IWB it tore my hide up something fierce! I sanded down all the little nibs on the side of the grip that faces my body.

So I figure it is pretty much ruined as far as resale value goes.

Top Bottom