• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Bolt cutters, wow. Can I ask how much your BOB does weigh?

who care? this dudes ready for anything.

if zombies attack I would try to find a place to set up camp, not planning on goin on the run. I would rather have to thin out the pack in the situation than not have something I needed

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    who care? this dudes ready for anything.

if zombies attack I would try to find a place to set up camp, not planning on goin on the run. I would rather have to thin out the pack in the situation than not have something I needed

I did a lot of humping in the field and I can tell you weight can be deferential to your ability to move when needed and how far you can get. If you have to bail out (as in Bail Out Bag) you don't want so much weight that its working against you.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Bolt cutters, wow. Can I ask how much your BOB does weigh?

It is about 50 pounds. I carry a 35-40 pound tool bag all day at work so it doesn't bother me to much.

When the zombies attack I plan on holding up. I am in the market for a full size SUV that I can load up and Bug out if I have to.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It is about 50 pounds. I carry a 35-40 pound tool bag all day at work so it doesn't bother me to much.

When the zombies attack I plan on holding up. I am in the market for a full size SUV that I can load up and Bug out if I have to.

50 pounds is not bad at all.

A fully stocked SUV ready to move out would be the best thing going. Sounds like you are going to be prepared for anything.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It might be a bit over 50 but not much.

Someone has to be ready when the SHTF. But with my luck I would be one of the first and some one else will reap the rewards.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    One of these purchased the other day:

ON8512_ontario_machete_camper_orange.jpg

Mods and custom sheath forthcoming.

:D

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    SOGFari 13 in. Machete MC01-N

Have you used it much?

I ask because I have one I kept in my yamaha rhino for clearing trails. I used it for about a month cutting branches and vines, I really liked it. But! I tried cutting a small sapling one day and it snapped off clean three inches above the handle. No stress marks or anything, I've yet to send it back to them. I hope they take care of it, and I get a better one returned to me!

Sport69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Portage, IN
    I was turned onto it from another friend and he had great things to say about it and got lots of use out of his but mine hasn't had much use yet. I know the Gerber® Gator Jr. Machete is another one that I looked at before I purchased my SOG which might be worth looking at. Keep us posted on the customer service if you will!

Have you used it much?

I ask because I have one I kept in my yamaha rhino for clearing trails. I used it for about a month cutting branches and vines, I really liked it. But! I tried cutting a small sapling one day and it snapped off clean three inches above the handle. No stress marks or anything, I've yet to send it back to them. I hope they take care of it, and I get a better one returned to me!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I was turned onto it from another friend and he had great things to say about it and got lots of use out of his but mine hasn't had much use yet. I know the Gerber® Gator Jr. Machete is another one that I looked at before I purchased my SOG which might be worth looking at. Keep us posted on the customer service if you will!

I will let everyone know how it works out, but as far as another machete, I'm getting either a ESEE or just redoing my old corn knife! The SOG and Gerber are both made in china if I'm not mistaken!:noway:

When I get the SOG back it will probably be sold!:cool:

Top Bottom