• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Don't quite understand the Galil love: I got to work with a IMI parts kit Galil for a bit, I'd lump it in with the Mini-14: Heavy for what it is, rattled a smidge, wasn't super accurate (best we could wring out was 4MOA), mags were twice the price of AR mags, heat stringing for dayz, etc...

Not my experience at all with a galil's but i suspect another issue is at hand here. Sense it was a imi parts kit build ... there are countless failed builds of these cause everyone thinks they build and are like every other ak. most builds where built on ohio rapid fire receivers or assault weapons of ohio both are the same junk. Soft receivers with poor locking surfaces, and out of spec more ways than one could count and early US barrels where pretty poor them selfs. If that was the cause with your experience then i think your experience with the galil is unjust. I have a SAR 13" barreled galil on a CNC warrior receiver built by Jeff miller at Hillbilly firearms and wow what a rifle. they don't string, i group about 2" with decent ammo at 100yd on a sand bag. Tortort recievers are another quality company and they are doing the recievers for GSG so i have good faith they will deliver a decent build at that price. But i will say they look a little funky with out the lightning cuts and scope mount cuts. But i Hope GSG gets back on track with the HK Mp-7 clones in 5.7x28 they been teasing us with

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't trust ATI at all

No way, no how, never!
    If American Tactical Imports is involved you'd be a fool to buy it.
    This is strictly my considered opinion based on a 2 year ordeal trying to get ATI to stand behind the crap they sold.
    They wouldn't, so I won't either.

Nope, no A.T.I. at all. I don't care what it is, they couldn't give me that headache.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No way, no how, never!
    This is strictly my considered opinion based on a 2 year ordeal trying to get ATI to stand behind the crap they sold.

Nope, no A.T.I. at all. I don't care what it is, they couldn't give me that headache.

Tell us how you really feel, Mike.:D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Not my experience at all with a galil's but i suspect another issue is at hand here. Sense it was a imi parts kit build ... there are countless failed builds of these cause everyone thinks they build and are like every other ak. most builds where built on ohio rapid fire receivers or assault weapons of ohio both are the same junk. Soft receivers with poor locking surfaces, and out of spec more ways than one could count and early US barrels where pretty poor them selfs. If that was the cause with your experience then i think your experience with the galil is unjust. I have a SAR 13" barreled galil on a CNC warrior receiver built by Jeff miller at Hillbilly firearms and wow what a rifle. they don't string, i group about 2" with decent ammo at 100yd on a sand bag. Tortort recievers are another quality company and they are doing the recievers for GSG so i have good faith they will deliver a decent build at that price. But i will say they look a little funky with out the lightning cuts and scope mount cuts. But i Hope GSG gets back on track with the HK Mp-7 clones in 5.7x28 they been teasing us with

I've heard majestic things about Tortort Receivers and kick myself for not getting more Galil kits back in the early 2000s , instead of just the one I bought. They go for stupid high money, compared to the $120 I paid back in '06.

On a side note: HK, Umarex and GSG are fools for not releasing an MP-7 clone in .22LR, or any caliber for that matter. They would not keep them in stock.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    No way, no how, never!

Sent my jam-o-matic ATI 1911 back. Their solution to failure to go into battery was to bubbaf*** the feed ramp with a dremel and declare it "fixed".

Ended up paying a local guy $30 to smooth over the disconnector. Freakin' clowns.

Top Bottom