• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Definitely one of the all time great singers, right alongside Mercury, Plant, Daltry, and Rodgers.
    Such a shame, so needless, a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've been thinking about this all day. I was a fan from the first time I heard him on Mtv. Paid tribute by singing and whistling songs to myself all day. I definitely regret not going to the recent concert downtown.

Just watched some video of the last concert. He definitely seemed down and out.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Uh, what? I think Pearl Jam and Nirvana might have issue with that statement.
    Hey, it's not a popular opinion, but, without Kurt Cobain sucking off a shotgun, we wouldn't have the FooFighters! Personally, I love Dave Grohl, waaaaaaaaaaaaay more talent than Cobain, and Grohl would have taken the backseat to Kurt the whole time!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Uh, what? I think Pearl Jam and Nirvana might have issue with that statement.

Soundgarden predates both.

As a child of the 80's, I loathed the grunge bands who came up and killed metal. When Soundgarden released Superunknown, it was undeniably awesome. It made me go back and give a listen to music I had written off. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, etc, are still at the top of my iTunes most played.

The one notable exception, Pearl Jam. Never could get into them.:dunno:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    He battled alcoholism and depression for years. That night he hung up on his wife and his wife called his bodyguard who found him in his locked room. His playlist from his last show is telling and haunting.

His final song was a mixture.
    "Slaves and Bulldozers" & "In My Time of Dying" will never sound the same again.

Top Bottom