• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I really dig the mill work. I was thinking M&P 9 sent to ATEI for the full "mill"deal, then off to Phylodog for a thorough stipplin', and finally an apex trigger. I think i should be able to come in lower than the Costa-lingus for the same price. I'm never good at deciphering the price sheet for custom gun stuff so who knows.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm sure there's a more "economical" way of getting the features you want done, but to each there own. If you want one, go for it!

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Speaking of triggers, I must be used to 1911 style triggers and how a single action trigger pull feels on my revolvers. I have the Apex USB and the aluminum trigger. Though it got better, it still feels funky to me. I am still debating on buying the Apex sear to see if it gets any better. Or I may just sell it.

As far as the Costa, if you have the money and you like it, then buy it. My budget is way to tight to consider high end firearms. :)

You should give the Apex FSS a try then. I think you would like it. If you're ever up this way you're more than welcome to try mine in 40 S&W or 9mm.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Ive taken the utilitarian approach to my weaponry.
    Good set of sights, good trigger and a reliability qualification and Im all set.
    I think 'over the top' when I see these M&P's from Costas.
    Also S&W has addressed the messy trigger on the M&P's.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ive taken the utilitarian approach to my weaponry.
    Good set of sights, good trigger and a reliability qualification and Im all set.
    I think 'over the top' when I see these M&P's from Costas.
    Also S&W has addressed the messy trigger on the M&P's.

When? I bought one last January.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You should give the Apex FSS a try then. I think you would like it. If you're ever up this way you're more than welcome to try mine in 40 S&W or 9mm.

Already have the trigger and the USB. Looks like all I need to do is add the sear and some springs?

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    From what Ive gathered, the M&P's with the VTAC sear start rolling out in June/July.
    I just picked up one with an October factory test fire and there is a big difference from the ones I shot in previous years.

Still has grit, but minor compared to previous models. Reset is short and pronounced just how I like it.

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    I'm not sure.

I mean, I guess the cutaways in the slide would be ok if I decide to go with the tactical length beard, but what if I change my mind and decide to try the duck dynasty length? Where would I be then? Stuck city, that's where. Pass.
    This was hilarious! Haha.

I went with ATEi's top & side serrations and trigger job on my full size. I have been VERY happy. Doug actually has my compact right now doing the same to it (only getting it refinished in NiB rather than black). Stippling, trigger guard cut and mag well cut were done by me.

IMG_20131007_172902_991_20131007173932274.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It looks nice. I like it. I also like the fancy O/Us and expensive 1911s. Would I spend that much bank on a gun? No. I have no intention of dumping 4 figures into a gun that is functionally no better than a 3 figure gun. :dunno:

Probably the same reason I drive a Kia and not a Yukon or sports car. Would it be cool? Sure. Worth the extra cash? Not at all.

But if you want to blow that much money, go for it. Have fun.

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    Ewww. The core looks right up my alley. As for the Chris Costa M&P. Eh. I will just say if my name was on a gun it wouldn't look like that.

Top Bottom