• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The "County Sheriff America's Last Group" book (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...county_sheriffs_america_s_last_hope_book.html) that I am currenlty reading talks about this VERY THING!!!

In the book LEO, Peace Officers, etc.. are reminded "just following orders" is NOT good enough if those laws are a clear violation of the constitution.

WoW.. what a small world. This book is a very good read. EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT!!!!

That thread was what I had in mind after reading the article. I'm not so sure they should get a pass in this situation. Tough call.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pssssshaw. Manchester, Georgia.

I don't think I've ever heard that a smalltown, po'dunk village, in the southern states ever had a problem with not following the constitution to a T.

It's 30 miles from the 'bamy border for petesakes. Like how many gays actually live there?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    They should have bought the permits; or, next time buy the permits ahead of time.

Ignoring a law about getting permits for a 'parade' (GRAY area== leeway could have been given I'm sure) is just as unbiblical. We are to submit ourselves to the 'higher' powers at least for peaceful reasons.

Romans 13:
    1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained [SIZE=-1]F53[/SIZE] of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

They probably would have forced a REAL NONconstitutional act by the police that way. In affect; they could have at least avoided the 'gray' area of the parade/permit law/ordinance and protested on the 'right' side, leaving NO room on their parts.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    When WND contacted Manchester police and asked why Pettigrew had been arrested, a lieutenant who would not provide his name replied, "I can't make any comments on that over the phone."
    Pettigrew said one young man who was arrested with his group was contacted by the police department and told charges would be dropped if he brought the citation back.

Point is it's false arrest. They harassed these guys and now will forget it ever happened. Oh How frakin convenient. Truth is they should have their a$$ handed to them in court for civil rights violations.
    It is a form of intimidation, being innocent doesn't get your time you spent in jail back. You can't get back the lost time your message wasn't allowed to be conveyed.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Do we need permission to practice our religion? NO
    Do we need permission to make a poster?
    NO
    Do we need permission to write an article?
    NO
    Do we need permission to not be illegally searched?
    NO
    Do we need permission to have a speedy trial?
    NO
    Do we need permission to have life, liberty, and pursue happiness?
    NO

Why should we have to ask permission to stand on a public sidewalk with a sign??

It is unconstitutional for Government to restrict these things.
    Requiring permission to bear arms is unconstitutional also.
    In case you didn't notice I spelled out most of the God-given rights of the Bill of Rights.

The Parade Permit is unconstitutional.
    Frankly I don't know why it would have applied to a handful of guys standing on the sidewalk anyways.

Write these people a letter and let them know how you feel.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The most important thing these guys could do is NOT try to get any charges dismissed.

If they were willing to stand on a corner to proclaim about something that they believed in strongly enough, this breech of their rights to assemble is equally important.

Easy for me to say, of course. I hate myself when I don't do anything to help other people protect themselves.

Thanks for the contacts, Rambone. It's the very least I can do. I doubt the bubbas in southern GA care much about what Indiana people think, but at least they know people are watching their shenanigans.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Romans 13:
    1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained [SIZE=-1]F53[/SIZE] of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

This was also Hitler's favorite passage.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    This was also Hitler's favorite passage.

I guess call me 'Mein Heir' when you address me then, if that is what you are saying...

If you are saying that he twisted it for his own purposes, I can understand that.

But, then again, people twist words all the time and use things that were meant for 'good' to do 'bad' things... most of them are in offices around this country and world. :dunno:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I guess call me 'Mein Heir' when you address me then, if that is what you are saying...

If you are saying that he twisted it for his own purposes, I can understand that.

But, then again, people twist words all the time and use things that were meant for 'good' to do 'bad' things... most of them are in offices around this country and world. :dunno:

This is true; however, the passage can be used by abusive regimes. That said, Romans 13 is a good passage in the context of being a law abiding citizen.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    You mean the traditional christian message about loving thy neighbor?

LOVE is not blind acceptance of any and every thing a "neighbor" does. If that was the case, why do parents discipline children? Shouldn't they just "love" them and let the children do anything they wish?

Part of loving someone is pointing out that which they are doing wrong. Would you hesitate to tell someone that pointing a loaded gun at a person is wrong, or would you "love" them and not say anything?

Stereotypes are bad assumptions.

Cheers.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Yes, love thy neighbor. And follow the commandments.

I would love to see the version of the 10 comandments you have seen that said one thing about homosexuality. If two same sex partners are married then how is it sin. And if we deny them this right are we then not a capital sinner. Once again I think a majority of Christians are missing the point of what Jesus and God stand for. Makes me ashamed to think that someone who was full of love died only that you could damn your brothers and sisters.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I would love to see the version of the 10 comandments you have seen that said one thing about homosexuality. If two same sex partners are married then how is it sin. And if we deny them this right are we then not a capital sinner. Once again I think a majority of Christians are missing the point of what Jesus and God stand for. Makes me ashamed to think that someone who was full of love died only that you could damn your brothers and sisters.

Reference 1:
    Leviticus 18:22 ESV

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Reference 2:
    Leviticus 20:13 ESV

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

And if you don't like Old Testament stuff (as IF god himself didn't write that too) besides Jesus said that He did not come to confound the LAW but to fulfill it.

Reference 3:
    1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now if you want answers you can have them... if you want your way you will have to make that up as you go. The democrats do it all the time.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i know i dont care what people do in their house. however, i dont want to walk down a sidewalk past a constant parade of people spouting off their views. even when i agree w/ the people. although, an AIDS, HELL, SALVATION sign is a little over the top for my taste. when you set out to make a statement, dont act surprised when you in fact, end up making that statement. i had a few run ins with the war protesting crowd. im sure everyone remembers those d-bags. my advice to activisits on both sides of every issue, you take care of yourself, and ill do the same.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    WOW... they really spread the 10 commandments around now, eh? I thought they were all pretty much in one spot.

The 10 Commandments are not and never have been the ONLY rules from GOD for his children to follow.
    How about Acts 2:38
    Repent every one of you and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That is a direct order from GOD with a promise and the next verse includes another component of that promise.
    1) Is this one of the 10 commendments? Answer: no
    2) Is this an order (command) from GOD? Answer: yes
    IF you don't want the truth... then don't ask.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    The 10 Commandments are not and never have been the ONLY rules from GOD for his children to follow.
    How about Acts 2:38

That is a direct order from GOD with a promise and the next verse includes another component of that promise.
    1) Is this one of the 10 commendments? Answer: no
    2) Is this an order (command) from GOD? Answer: yes
    IF you don't want the truth... then don't ask.

That is, like, your opinion, man...

How about this. I'll do my thing, you do yours.

Personally, I believe that the words you quoted, if the word of God, are filtered through the men that put them on paper. Furthermore, those words have been translated to english from the original language they were written in, and most likely further refined with the evolution of the language over the past several hundred years. Then again, I'm not here to tell you that you are wrong... You are right to believe whatever you want.

If you want to hate, and then tell yourself that God told you to do it, that is fine with me.:patriot: God Bless America! :patriot:

To the point of the OP, I don't like the message this self righteous homophobes are preaching, but that should still be their right... That is just my opinion.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Bible aside, these men's right to free speech are being suppressed by the Government. I wrote emails yesterday but haven't heard back. Anybody else?

Top Bottom