• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I wanna know what you guys are getting your wives for Christmas. Last year I out did myself and got my wife a kindle. She loved it and I was king. This year I'm clueless on what to get her. Any suggestions?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I tried getting one to be my wife last year; that didn't work out so well. Sometimes I'd just like to have a wife, you know. :( Been there, done that, but... I'd do it again. Sorry to rain on your thread. Ignore me.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I wanna know what you guys are getting your wives for Christmas. Last year I out did myself and got my wife a kindle. She loved it and I was king. This year I'm clueless on what to get her. Any suggestions?

Why don't you take the time to learn her clothes sizes and go shopping for her. Take an interest in her this year instead of being lazy.

You could change her wardrobe, turn her into a young girl again and take her out on the town.

Just a thought... why half-*** something for someone you care about.

:twocents:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    How about gift cards to buy stuff to read on her Kindle? Have you tried asking her what she wants?

Yes but I like to WOW her and knock her off her feet with something she didnt have to tell me she wants. Know what I mean. I shopping for cool ideas. Comeon people gimme somethin I can use. :dunno:

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Hopefully a baby. We're in the process of adopting a child, and it would be awesome if we got "the call" later this month!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Does she like to do do crafts? I'm asking because there are still a few Walmarts that have a Cricut (pronounced cricket) Imagine for $187 which is REALLY cheap. They are carry overs they had on Black Friday and I've seen them in at least the WalMarts in Westfield, Fishers & Noblesville. It is different from other cricuts in that it uses HP printing technology and also cuts the images out.

The other device that's in direct competition with the Cricut is the ecraft machine. I have had every Cricut they've made pretty much and I was debating on going the ecraft route but still stuck with the Cricut. The ecraft doesn't using a cutting mat like the cricut and there are other benefits but I've seen a lot of complaints about the ecraft. I've also seen complaints though about the Cricut and I like Cricut so I can't really tell you which one is better than the other.

A gift certificate to a spa for the whole works? (facial, massage, pedicure, manicure, etc)

A weekend getaway somewhere for just the two of you

Does she carry a purse? Does she like cartoons? I fell in love with some of these even though I don't carry a purse. Dooney & Bourke Yeah, they are expensive but they are Dooney & Bourke. :)

If you think she might like to decorate cakes, sign her up for a few classes. There are also cooking classes she might enjoy or wine tasting or something different like that.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If she has any interest in a musical instrument, get her one and sign her up for lessons for that as well.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Why don't you take the time to learn her clothes sizes and go shopping for her. Take an interest in her this year instead of being lazy.

You could change her wardrobe, turn her into a young girl again and take her out on the town.

Just a thought... why half-*** something for someone you care about.

:twocents:

I agree with the take an interest & learn something about her. But clothes are a very dangerous idea. Women's clothes are not like men's clothes. Sizes are not uniform. Unless everything she has is the same size you run the risk of buying her something that is either too big (you think I'm fat) or too small ( I am fat). Gift cards for stores she likes might work.

Depending on her age & how sensitive she is to her age you have to be careful buying her younger looking clothes (you want a younger woman, I am old). Younger styles are not always flattering on older bodies. A lot of women's pants now have lowered waist lines. If you sit down your butt hangs out. It's something to watch for.

So if you go the clothes route you need to look at her labels for sizes & brand names. Try to buy her things in the same brands & sizes she currently has. Then once you get them home, hold the new stuff up to the old stuff to see if the sizing is consistent.

There is a reason it takes us a lot longer to shop for clothes. Different brands have different sizing & sometimes even the same brand isn't even consistent with their sizing.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    you could always upgrade the diamond in her ring and then use the old one to put in a necklace. this worked for me! i still hear from her how many compliments she gets and it makes me and her feel good. im still ridin that wave from like 2 years ago though. if you dont like the necklace idea then most jewelry stores let you take the value of the old diamond and put it toward the new one. of course you have to give the old one back. but you would only be paying the difference and that would make it a ton cheaper.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Gertting the wife an Embroidery machine. I dont even know what this fool machine is costing me yet, but she really wants it, so Im buying it. Shes getting really big into sewing and stuff like that, so this is something that would be very useful for her.

-MColford

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom