• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Im going to have to call BS on that one... Unless he himself just doesnt enjoy attending and is looking for an excuse. I know for a fact that he attends (attended) church regularly. He does so in the church I grew up in. And my mom still attends and is very active there. So unless you know some secret squrrel info I dont, you are way off base.

Do I agree with him? No. Do I think you are tilting at windmills with that statement? ABSOLUTELY.

Huh? Did you misread me?

I'm saying Holcomb != Nero (Nero, as in the one that used Christians as torches)

But reading this thread, you think that Indiana was trying to exterminate Christians.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Typical INGO...LOL...

Taking an analogy that was used to make one point and twisting the line of logic so that the analogy was never intended to portray. Only a contrarian would take that analogy about emperors using Christians for torches to mean that’s what Holcomb is doing. :rolleyes: The point was our earlier brothers and sisters contended with much worse..........eh, forget it. One either gets it or they don’t.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I attended service this morning. There were easily 300 people in the main room with more in two overflow rooms.

All of the ushers, greeters and other various personnel wore masks. There were hand washing/ sanitizer stations at each entrance along with masks for anyone that wanted one. We were seated every other row and asked to keep a minimum of three empty seats between each group.

All in all everyone keep the proper social distances. Everyone was cheerful and in a great mood. We were very happy to be back together as a church. It was a wonderful morning.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm not religious but this seems like a glaring infringement of rights. I hope several churches band together and file suite against the idiot mayors and idiot governors who are pushing this.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So you would rather risk getting sick or getting others sick and potentially killing them then stay home from church and read Matthew 6:5:6 instead ?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So you would rather risk getting sick or getting others sick and potentially killing them then stay home from church and read Matthew 6:5:6 instead ?

I also risk being killed by a drunk or distracted driver on my way to/from church. So its not like attending is 100% risk free anyway. :dunno:

And now CDC is saying "well, maybe it DOESNT pass so easily on surfaces after all..."

So yet ANOTHER step back as they continue to walk back the original warnings. :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

We keep trying to tell folks of this mindset, if you're scared just stay home. The only behavior you can fully control is your own

Why not assume that everyone at a church service is there voluntarily and has assessed the risks and accepted them. It's not Aum Shinrikyo

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I love how the only option is stay scared at home or kill everyone and die from sickness. It’s like there’s no other options possible. You know there have been millions of us going out and working every day if this and we haven’t died OR killed anyone

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Yes, talking/singing projects the moisture-laden droplets further than a normal breath. Yes, sitting shoulder-to-shoulder for an hour is more risky than passing by on the sidewalk.

People clamor for "common sense" gun regulation but can't use "common sense anti-pathogen guidelines". Sheesh.

Wear masks, practice hand hygiene, modify practices that anyone with half a shred of understanding of how pathogens spread would raise an eyebrow at, and be a leader in the community for responsible gathering. Because what will happen is that the first uptick of cases, or the first case they can tie back to someone who went to church will be to say, "Aha! Told you so!"

Meanwhile, I wonder what Muslims are doing. What about Sikhs? Other religions?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One of the biggest problems with meeting in a building for a service is if you have a band. Turns out that singing really belts out the spit containing Covid-19 further than normal talking. Even if everyone is reasonably distance, sing along could be a big issue. I know more that a couple of congregations that have their band as the focal point of the start of the service.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, talking/singing projects the moisture-laden droplets further than a normal breath. Yes, sitting shoulder-to-shoulder for an hour is more risky than passing by on the sidewalk.

People clamor for "common sense" gun regulation but can't use "common sense anti-pathogen guidelines". Sheesh.

Wear masks, practice hand hygiene, modify practices that anyone with half a shred of understanding of how pathogens spread would raise an eyebrow at, and be a leader in the community for responsible gathering. Because what will happen is that the first uptick of cases, or the first case they can tie back to someone who went to church will be to say, "Aha! Told you so!"

One of the biggest problems with meeting in a building for a service is if you have a band. Turns out that singing really belts out the spit containing Covid-19 further than normal talking. Even if everyone is reasonably distance, sing along could be a big issue. I know more that a couple of congregations that have their band as the focal point of the start of the service.

So you wanna sing? Wear a mask. Problem solved.

(That is literally one of the suggested rules for the UMC. "if you want to sing, you must wear a mask. Dont want to sing? You can opt out of the mask. ")

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Shooting up the NAS at Corpus Christi?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So you wanna sing? Wear a mask. Problem solved.

(That is literally one of the suggested rules for the UMC. "if you want to sing, you must wear a mask. Dont want to sing? You can opt out of the mask. ")

Can pretty much guarantee that if you are on stage using a mask, that by the third song you will be on the floor requiring medical attention.

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    I'm all about letting people do as they please. The concern I have with this virus is that people can be asymptomatic for up to 12 days. This puts everyone at risk - I could have it right now, go to church, spread it and be the cause of someone dying. I don't want that on my hands and for this reason, I'm steering clear. If others want to do different, than so be it. As long as I can keep myself and my family safe, go for it.

Top Bottom