• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'd say 20yds and out an RDS is going to speed up you being on target, and your accuracy will be improved immensely.
    Personally I think in this situation ( a crazy with a rifle trying to kill ) an RDS would be a must.
    It will help, and also helps immensely with getting a sight picture when shooting on the move or on a moving target...but fundamentals still apply, and a lot of that is going to fall apart under fire. I'd definitely rather have it than not in that situation, though.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Here we go!

1. Nothing is an adrenaline rush like a gunfight. You lose fine motor skill, get tunnel vision, hyperventilating among other effects.

2. People react with flight, fight, freeze even a well trained person can do all of them at the same time. Its a very surreal experience your brain has understand what’s going on think OODA loop.

3. Get a hit if you get one hit it will slow them down hopefully. Then burn them to the ground.

4. A rifle or shotgun are killing weapons. The pistol is a 25 yard weapon. Yeah you can ring steel at 100 yards. Can you do that with a moving target that’s shooting at you ?

5. Equipment is nothing without training. A person can the latest laser blaster it’s nothing without proper training. Not punching holes on paper but a class that teaches you how to draw, reload, reduce malfunctions, shoot on the move, shoot a moving target.
    With feedback from the instructor on tasks that you can work on yourself.

We here in Indiana have great training opportunities.
    Remember we have low threat areas but a threat is always a possibility. It’s sad that a place of Worship is a target but the fact remains it’s a high threat area.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    This is true, but training only goes so far. There are very few range facilities that would allow for that kind of training, and even LE doesn't get much of it, unless they're SWAT. Force-on-force involves sim guns, which suck for accuracy and are horribly unreliable. Also, no matter how realistic you make the training, the trainees still know their life and the lives of others aren't on the line with sims, so the stress level isn't the same.

I'm very confident I could make that shot on the square range, even under time pressure. But in the real world, outgunned on an unpredictable moving target that's trying to kill me, with backstop concerns and other people running around? I don't know, and probably never will until I'm in that position myself. If I'm lucky, that'll never happen.
    What I have seen to be the biggest issue with force in force is it becomes counterproductive because most make a big game of grab a&$ and chest thumping. But if controlled properly can be a good exposure.

That said I still say stringent standards AND learning to read what the bad guy is doing. Did he look a certain direction to move to, did he have a firearms malfunction that gives you a wind into charge and do that whole speed surprise violence of action. If he is behind cover can you take an ankle if knee or foot out then anchor him for follow up to make a vital hit (if the BG was not surrendering)

So as mentioned quality firearm yes but don’t get into the gadgets they won’t buy you skill. (That’s sort of what Hackathorn ment but not what everyone heard) and quality training from a VETTED instructor or group

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Not wanting to pass judgment on anyone involved, but if I stay in the closet or around the corner like that I expect you all to come raid my house and take every gun away that I have and b****-slap me silly.

So many missed opportunities to end it.

Jack Wilson was not present.
    Be more like Jack.
    So, the first time I watched this video, I got interrupted and only got to see the security cam portion, not the bodycams. All I really saw was the first guy who hid in the closet, suit guy doing his thing, and then the females and the other guy showing up at the end. I assumed the females were on-duty PD responding to the scene from off-site, I did not realize they were standing there talking to suit guy when the whole thing started (I got a chance to re-watch the whole incident yesterday).

So to revise my earlier statements, yeah that response (except for suit guy) absolutely sucked. If that was me, when I got done shaking and throwing up, I'd have wanted to take every single one of my "partners" out in the parking lot and beat their a** for leaving me to take on a rifle-armed shooter by myself. Every single one of them had the same opportunity or better to respond as he did, and only 1/5 took it. That was embarrassing. Suit guy deserves a medal.

Top Bottom