• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian@ITC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Richmond, IN
    I just got out of a meeting with a local church and they are considering hosting a church security/safety team conference. Although we don’t have a date just yet, I wanted to make you all aware that we will likely be holding a conference in the next 8 -12 weeks (possibly less). The location will be Richmond, IN.

I know that not having dates pinned down is not ideal, but I do know that some of you may need to go through the “funding process” with your church. That is of course, unless you are flipping the bill yourself.

To date I have 4 churches that are willing to travel well over 3 hours to attend a conference. I will update this posting ASAP with dates. More than likely it will be a Friday and Saturday.

• 2 full days of church security training (10 hours each day) – value $3,500
    • FREE 1-year membership in our Interactive Online Training Program – value $300
    • FREE copy of The Watchman, our 8-hour church security video –value $399

This represents $4,200 worth of training for $450.

Over the two days, the seminar will cover more than 60 key concepts to help you secure your church and protect your flock, including:
    • Site Vulnerability
    • Access Control & Security
    • Justifying the Team to Your Pastor
    • The Security Plan
    • Team Purpose
    • Team Selection
    • Team Member Interview Process
    • Selecting Team Leaders & Associate Team Leaders
    • Team Mindset
    • Developing Threat Awareness
    • Team Member Levels
    • Team Visibility
    • Intel Sources
    • Policies & Procedures
    • Team Scheduling & Arrival
    • Team Daily Checklist
    • Team Clothing Selection
    • Team Equipment
    • Light Selection
    • Light Intimidation
    • Radio Selection
    • Weapon Selection
    • Holsters
    • Weapon Limitations
    • Ammo Selection
    • Handgun Setup
    • Modes of Carry
    • AR Setup
    • Shotgun Setup
    • Body Armor
    • Initial Training Requirements
    • Child Protection
    • Team Drills
    • 4 Levels of Skills
    • Live Fire Skills (basic)
    • Gun Safety Rules
    • Barricaded Subject vs. Active Shooter
    • Radio Codes and Procedures
    • Bomb Threats
    • Evacuation Plans
    • Lockdown
    • Integration of EMT Services
    • Calibers and Shot Placement
    • Rituals of Attack
    • Elements of a Confrontation
    • Use of Force
    • Non Lethal Force
    • Cover vs. Concealment
    • Target Indicators
    • The Fatal Funnel
    • Ready Positions
    • Team Positioning
    • Protecting the Offering
    • Closed Circuit TV Placement
    • Verbal Tactics
    • Hand Signals
    • Slicing the Pie & Portable Mirror Techniques
    • Room Entry – Single & Team
    • Hallway Tactics
    • Stairwell Tactics
    • Sanctuary Tactics
    • Foyer Tactics
    • Contact with Bad Guy
    • Speed & Tactical Reloads
    • Shotgun Patterning
    • Live Fire Skills (advanced)
    • Continued Training
    • Church Drills
    • Takedowns
    • Choke Techniques
    • Gun Disarms
    • Gun Retention
    • Contacting Law Enforcement About Your Team
    • What to Do When Law Enforcement Arrives
    • What to Say (and Not Say) to Law Enforcement
    • Legal Information

Contrary to popular belief this ministry is not what most people think that it is. Rather, it complicated in nature and requires the right people for the “job”.

You WILL be overwhelmed with information! This conference is good for those who intend to get a team up and running and for those who already have a team up and running but are looking to take their skills to the next level.

The cost of the conference is $450 for up to 2 people per church. There is no discount for just one person attending.

Please contact us if you have any interest in attending.

Romans 13:4

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'll try and get my fellow ushers to go this time.

Also, isn't The Watchmen the official magazine of the Jehovah's Witnesses? Wait - that might be The Watchtower. No, that was a Hendrix song...

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    A couple months ago I went to church, OC'ing as I always do. But that day I didnt have a jacket on and someone inside ( I believe a board member) started panicing and started yelling about a MWAG outside. One of the other board members looks out and saw that it was me and came out to talk.

My friend requested that I disarm due to the concerns of this person (who probably to this day still hasn't figured out that I spent a year sitting behind them, running media for the church while carrying), and that I leave it in the car. He asked if I would be alright with this and I replied with a simple, "No." Now, my wife carries CC, but since the person panicing didnt see that one, that gun was okay, but mine had to be left outside. We had a discussion with a couple of the board members and the pastor, with the pastor agreeing that he would get back to us on an official weapons policy for the church by the next week and he would call us. He never called.

I ended up going into church that day, by the fact that I was still within arm reach of a weapon, but we haven't been back for a regular service since. And the church has not recieved one cent in tithe from us either.

Things can be difficult with a new pastor and board members. I had no issues with the old pastor but people have to move on to other things. Unfortunately things can change for the wose, but you have to stand your ground on principles. A few other carriers heard about our issue as well and have done similar actions to us. There are enough sheep to keep this flock going, but unfortunately the sheepdogs have been led outside the pen and asked to go elsewhere.

Brian@ITC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Richmond, IN
    Hey all...

Thanks for your interest! I will update you as soon as I know something. The potential host church is going to wait a while before they get something going. So, I am looking for plan "B" and I will make something happen.

Some of you have asked for "additional info" to present to your pastor. I am working on that. If you are looking for something specific then let me know and I will try to get that to you ASAP.

This ministry is very complex and it isn't just about having "armed" security or a presence. It is more in-depth than what most people realize. I commend those of you who are willing to attend and protect those in your church.

One of the most commons statements I get is "Why do we need security in a church"? Well, it is actually Biblical and church violence is on the rise. Bad things happen to good people (Mtt 5:45 - it rains on the just and the unjust). Churches are NOT crime free zones.

Yes, it is a sad fact that we need to have security in churches, but that is just the reality of it.

Stay tuned!

Top Bottom