• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The problem with the "safe direction" nonsense is that it is completely subjective and people think a direction is "safe" because the weapon is "unloaded". Thus we get a large number of 2 for 1 shootings.

Two women injured in accidental shooting at Targetmaster gun range

Let's stop this nonsense and teach the Four Rules so people are safe, even if that is not cool. I'd rather be uncool but safe.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The problem with the "safe direction" nonsense is that it is completely subjective and people think a direction is "safe" because the weapon is "unloaded". Thus we get a large number of 2 for 1 shootings.

Let's stop this nonsense and teach the Four Rules so people are safe, even if that is not cool. I'd rather be uncool but safe.

Thinking or believing a gun is loaded or unloaded will never hurt anyone or keep them safe, it is absurd for you to try including such a notion along with actual safe gun handling practices.

Why would anyone even care what you were thinking or believed while you were threatening them with a gun, pointing it at them and pulling the trigger?

Pointing guns in unsafe directions and pulling the trigger should be considered negligent gun handling even when they are unloaded, wouldn't you agree?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Sounds like an accident to me. Accidents and negligence often overlap.

Perhaps the discharge of a projectile was unintentional, but neither the pointing of the gun nor the pulling of the trigger happened accidentally by any stretch of the imagination.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Lol. Yes, lets all stop with the nonsense and make-believe about inanimate objects.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "Hey, man, can I see that?"

"No."

It really is that easy. No, you can't fingerbang my gun.

Top Bottom