Churchmouse is gonna hate me for this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Anyone have a preference for magazines between Springfield Armory factory mags and Wilson Combat? I'd prefer them to be flush, WC are not, SA are. Both are the same price.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I like the factory mags just fine. I bought several Dawson 10 rounders and while I like them I am not sure they are worth it. And I am not sold on having to have the extra round. My brother was talking to a guy who is a highly competitive IDPA pro who doesn't see the benefit in using 10 round mags. But then again, that is only one man's opinion albeit an opinion from a winning shooter.:)

I think the next time I buy, I will just buy some more SA or maybe even Metalform if I can find them for less money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, update.

First, I purchased a Compact instead of a Champion. It's roughly the same size as my Glock 19.
    2wfjl2r.jpg

Second, I took it to the range today. I put about 150 rounds down range with it. I had one fail to feed, which was a hollowpoint. I'm not sure if it was set forward in the mag or what the deal was. It was the only one. I was able to 15 rounds into a fist sized group, on the right side 8 (which was my target). All in all, I shoot it better than my Glock and it's a lot more fun to shoot. Reloading twice as much sucks though.

2ldatqb.jpg

Well of course you shoot it better than your Glock you big dummy.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Hey, you wanna trade a Glock for another 1911? :p

I was actually VERY surprised at how consistent I was with it. I don't get to shoot a lot and straight out of the box this one was on point.

The HUGE hole in the right clavicle was 6 or 7 shots with one flier to the head. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, you wanna trade a Glock for another 1911? :p

I was actually VERY surprised at how consistent I was with it. I don't get to shoot a lot and straight out of the box this one was on point.

The HUGE hole in the right clavicle was 6 or 7 shots with one flier to the head. :):

No....Glocks hate me.....I have proof, and witnesses.....:)

As to accuracy 1911's are just that way. Get that thing some love after 500 rds. and find a whole new level of joy.....:)

Top Bottom