• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not much experience smoking cigars, but "coffee infused" sounds interesting..
    There are several coffee infused cigars on the market by various companies. The Tabak Especial Robusto Negra is the best of the best. They also make a Dulce version, with a very light wrapper, but that is a sweet cigar that I cannot tolerate. Some folks like them, just not me. The dark wrapper Robusto Negra is in all aspects an amazingly good cigar.

Moontrance? Sounds awesome. I love pipes.
    I was really curious about this cigar, normally I would not smoke a flavored cigar other than the Tabak Especial, but I tried one of the CAO Moontrance cigars the other night at the Cigar Fest. It smells great. But the aroma that you smell does not really translate to a full flavor you experience. I was somewhat disappointed. Then again, other people who smoked them loved them. So perhaps with the flavored cigars I'm the wrong person to be giving advice.

Generally I like tobacco flavor in my tobacco! The Robusto Negra offers that, with a bit of coffee and a little sweetness. I have not found that balance of flavor enhancing tobacco goodness in any other flavored cigar.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I will still see if I can find one to give it a try. The problem with flavored and aromatics is that they rarely translate to taste unless they are higher end hookah tombaks (sp?).

Aromatic pipe tobacco just makes my tongue burn from all the water based flavors and translates poorly as a smoke. As a pipe smoke, I do like straight-up latakia... even though I know it is frowned upon to smoke straight in the pipe world.

The last "good" flavored cigar I had doesn't quite fit the same criteria, though. It was a bourbon soaked Maker's Mark flavored cigar.

I rarely smoke anymore, though. I had a cigar a while ago... the first one of the year, I think and maybe the first one in about 10 months.

Top Bottom