• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Picked up some more RP Vintage 1990s today, some Brickhouse, Zino Platinums, Avos, Olivas...

Got them all in the fridge cooling out now for 24 hours pending a 4 day freeze. Saw some cigar beetle pics last night that scared the :poop: out of me!

Not risking it!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I only smoke cigars a few times a year but I like the Acid Krush Classics Blue Connecticut. I also like the Acid Blondie.

I'm not getting any ACID until I get a humidor to keep them segregated from my normal sticks. Most on the cigar forum I'm on don't seem to care for them, but I'm going to try a few. I want to try the Cold Infusion Tea and Kuba Kuba Maduro...

Will post pics later with my latest score, and next week I have an unexpectedly large order coming from the devil site (got a little carried away...)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    A friend of mine's mother is from honduras and brought me back a couple hand rolled cigars that looked suspiciously like 1980's lumpy dog poop. By 80's i mean the white kind that you just don't see anymore. Anyways, I'm willing to bet that had i actually smoked an 80's dog turd i would find it more pleasurable.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A friend of mine's mother is from honduras and brought me back a couple hand rolled cigars that looked suspiciously like 1980's lumpy dog poop. By 80's i mean the white kind that you just don't see anymore. Anyways, I'm willing to bet that had i actually smoked an 80's dog turd i would find it more pleasurable.

Those sound like they would have been some fine smokes. If they'd turned white they may have just been aged really well...or they may have been 80's dog turds. Either way, you've got to take your chances.

I love me some Dutchmaster ceegurs!

:laugh:

White Owl and Phillies are also some top shelf ceegurs.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For those of you who do "mail order" cigars you should know that the manufacturers reserve the better cigars for retail store sales only. Many of the cigars listed on INGO cigar threads are second and third tier cigars. The same companies make better cigars, but don't sell them to the catalog/internet sales companies. If you don't go to a "real" cigar lounge every once in a while then you are missing out on the best cigars. Many of the mail order cigars are not even available at cigar lounges because they are considered not worthy. Do yourselves a favor, close the catalog and seek out a good cigar lounge, go in and smell the aromas.

My current TOP 5 favorites, in alphabetical order:
    • Dunhill: Signed Range, Robusto
    • God of Fire: Double Robusto
    • Monticristo: Epic No 2
    • Opus X: Lost City, Lancero (the only Lancero that I will smoke)
    • Vega Fina: Jose Sejas
    I probably smoke more of the God Of Fire cigars than the others, so that might logically be considered my favorite.

That particular Vega Fina cigar is a limited production cigar, not going to find it at most places. Whatever is out there is the last of it so if you can find one grab it. Price is very good too, under $8.

The Opus X "Lost City" Series (higher grade than the standard Opus X) Lancero is truly an amazing cigar. Just really expensive. I am not a fan of the Lancero shape of cigars but this one made me convert and devotee. A well made Lancero is an absolutely astounding smoking experience.

The Dunhill "Signed Range" series cigars are beautiful mid-priced cigars, great for the every day celebration. Medium body, medium flavor, very very smooth. Monticristo makes about a dozen different ranges/selections of cigars (white/cabinet/negra/classic/platinum/etc). The Epic No 2 is their pinnacle. What more needs to be said?

Brina

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I have been smoking cigars and a pipe for four years. Work at a smoke shop (Briar and Bean) in Evansville. There isn't much else I like more than kicking back with a nice stogie!
    I have a comfortable collection. However I am running low at the moment I'd say a little under 300 sticks.

I can't be the only one...

What do yall like to smoke?

punch.
    i'm a briar and bean fan. i actually need to pick up a few sticks and perhaps a pipe.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    "Ex" cigarette smoker and cigar noob here:

Cigars "age" well? Cigarettes get stale, cigars don't? Anyone got a moment to clue me in?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    For those of you who do "mail order" cigars you should know that the manufacturers reserve the better cigars for retail store sales only. Many of the cigars listed on INGO cigar threads are second and third tier cigars. The same companies make better cigars, but don't sell them to the catalog/internet sales companies. If you don't go to a "real" cigar lounge every once in a while then you are missing out on the best cigars. Many of the mail order cigars are not even available at cigar lounges because they are considered not worthy. Do yourselves a favor, close the catalog and seek out a good cigar lounge, go in and smell the aromas.

Bob is definitely right here. The Acid cigars at his shop are always a cut above the ones online. I don't buy my Acids online anymore. Though I must say, I still like the Cigar International Copper Labels (made by Drew Estate same maker as Acids). They are a very fine smoke.

Top Bottom