• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Steam it and rub the moisture off with a cloth. Then ozone it. That's what I did to the car I bought. You can get 12v cigarette adapter powered ozonators from Fry. I bought two and ran them every night on a battery pack.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have also used dryer sheets tossed in a plastic bag with the item. Let it set for a week or so. But first I would thoroughly clean it and lube it. I use to work on a lot of electronics that were covered with tar and nicotine. 409 worked really well. But make sure you wash it off thoroughly. It's pretty gross to see the brown crap that washes off. Yuck!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Clean it real good with your product of choice then set it in the sunshine awhile. Repeat if it still stinks.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks again for all of the comments. I used a couple of the more gentle cleaning ideas and that cut it down to a level that is tolerable. If I can find the ozone machine that might get rid of the remainder.

If you live close to Greenwood, private message me. I do not really want to loan mine out, but if you have a big plastic container that it fits in, you could come by and we could give it a try.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If you live close to Greenwood, private message me. I do not really want to loan mine out, but if you have a big plastic container that it fits in, you could come by and we could give it a try.

Hi, thanks, I very much appreciate the offer, it is very generous, but it's all good at this point.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have an ozone generator in Martinsville. If you would like to bring the stock by & can treat it.
    Ozone can be corrosive so any treatment should be just the stock. Sometimes smoke odors come back after a while.

Top Bottom