• oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    From the reported story:

Leonard Cain was going back inside the bank when someone alerted him of the shooting. He said a woman was also walking into the bank and people tried to get her attention but she had headphones on.

"She walked in the door and he shot her," Cain told The Enquirer.

This is why you don’t wear headphones when out and about…. Your situational awareness goes to crap.
    While my cheekbones don't have the base response I would prefer, these are great for me while I am riding my bike; being able to hear the real world while listening Buddy Guy is cool.

198983981f3d8a5ef595ff85104950ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    From the reported story:

Leonard Cain was going back inside the bank when someone alerted him of the shooting. He said a woman was also walking into the bank and people tried to get her attention but she had headphones on.

"She walked in the door and he shot her," Cain told The Enquirer.

This is why you don’t wear headphones when out and about…. Your situational awareness goes to crap.

She was on a conference call - she wasn't listening to music or whatever. She was from the Louisville office going into the Cincinnati HQ for a meeting while also on a conference call - multitasking. People at our office do it all the time - walk around and work at the office while also using an earbud to make conference calls. It's what's expected of people in offices nowdays especially high level execs (she was a VP). Blaming her for getting shot is ridiculous.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    She was on a conference call - she wasn't listening to music or whatever. She was from the Louisville office going into the Cincinnati HQ for a meeting while also on a conference call - multitasking. People at our office do it all the time - walk around and work at the office while also using an earbud to make conference calls. It's what's expected of people in offices nowdays especially high level execs (she was a VP). Blaming her for getting shot is ridiculous.

It's not "blaming" her.
    But, situational awareness does not care if you're distracted because you're listening to music, or on a conference call for your job.
    Situational awareness is not just for gun carriers.

And yes, you can be situationaly aware, and still get shot.
    It's the odds you look at.
    Having situational awareness pushes the odds a little better in your direction.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    For the first time in well over at LEAST two years and very possibly 3 or 4 (memory isn't that great on some things some times) I haven't
    ventured into Illinois with my children because I can not CC or in all reality actually have any rights to defend myself or my loved ones per I
    IL law. Well my son REALLY wanted to go to Starved Rock SP last weekend and let me tell you I was caught rather off guard just how
    uncomfortable I felt being denied the RIGHT to carry.

Yes I did pack my favorite EDC knife, but it's a poor substitute for my S&W Shield. I do not exaggerate in saying my inability to carry not
    in just this instance but in any such target rich environment for an insane person with a gun makes me feel very uncomfortable, venerable, disgustingly defenseless, and facing the reality of being unable to protect my loved ones.

The experience left me never wanting to set foot in a state that has not CC reciprocity with IN EVER again. The only good thing I can say about the state park I was in is the fact the very nature of the mostly wide open unconfined area made escaping easy and hopefully a much
    less attractive target. Thankfully there was only one instance where my son and I were in a area with limited exit ability. While in this area I stopped for a moment and went through a "what if" scenario and I couldn't help but realize it was next to impossible to be able to observe all the people in the area and be able to observe an individual and judge if that individual might be a threat.
    Left me feeling very venerable knowing the fact is in most instances where you find yourself in area with a high density of people there is
    very little chance of you having any warning before the first shot is fired.

I have always at GREAT length tried to avoid going into the peoples republic of Illinois, but now I will try harder. I have reached about a
    90% rate of CC and was very surprised at how when I find myself in a area where CC is not allowed VS when I simply have chosen not to
    carry how much more uncomfortable I feel.

Top Bottom