• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I am looking for information on reloading for the Circuit Judge. My Son got me one and I am looking to reload for it. Before it is asked, Yes I reload for most of the stuff I shoot.
    My concern is that from what I have read It isn't as strong as say a lever action rifle and that I can't use that loading information that is in the books and that I have to use the revolver information to load for it.

Sierra gives a rifle starting load of 21 grains of 296 giving you 1400 FPS using a 240 grain bullet. I don't think that is to bad.

Sierra ballistics gives that 1000 FPE at the starrt and 500 FPE at 100 yards. Not great but it's usable. If I use revolver data it gives me a starting load of 21.1 grains of 296 in a 7.5" barreled revolver. Giving 1100 FPS.
    The barrel on the Judge is 18.5

Any real world information on reloading for the Circuit Judge would be of much help. Thank you much for your time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw the thread title and thought I'd get to use the joke, "What do you call someone who got C's in Law School? Your Honor." That is all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom