• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    This happened last night in the town I live in. The hero of the day is John Davis.

"upon arrival Taylor observed a male subject on top of another male subject holding him down"

Elwood Headlines

EDIT: from SDH Three threads were started with this topic they were all merged here.

Last edited by a moderator:

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    They didn't have weapons? They didn't threaten anyone with harm? I'm not sure I would do as this customer did. I'll be a good witness.

So a guy coming at you fighting you and trying to grab your gun, You wouldn't subdue him? He's lucky because I would have shot him. Let me also say that that person had multiple felony warrants out for him and has been in and out of jail already.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    So a guy coming at you fighting you and trying to grab your gun, You wouldn't subdue him? He's lucky because I would have shot him. Let me also say that that person had multiple felony warrants out for him and has been in and out of jail already.

Where does it say they came at the customer? It seems the customer confronted a group at the back of the store. Then it seems they reached for his gun after being confronted. As always I'm sure the press has not given all the info. I stated what I might be inclined to do or not do. I didn't say this John Davis is wrong.

heisenberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011

The issue wouldn't be with the man coming at you trying to take your gun, the issue would be that you shouldn't have pulled your gun on someone for shoplifting. If these guys were arrested by police at the door they would've been charged with conversion (a misdemeanor) at the worst - definitely no reason to draw down on them.

And as a side note, it doesn't matter if the person had multiple felonies - you didn't know he was a wanted felon when you would've been in that position.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    We live in a small town. Everybody knows everybody. Stopping a shoplifting at a gas station sends a big message to everyone in town; it says the community is fed up with the drug abusing thieving scumbags and we'll do something about it.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Hmmm...Can't say that I blame the guy who saved the day, but I can say that he was "riding the thin line" with the way he handled it. Gutsy he is.

DarkEyes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I think he should have shot all three of them. We the people need to let the criminals know we are not going to be victims. Yes I understand its not his money and its insured, but thats the attitude that allows you to become a victim. The 2 guys that got caught will be back out robbing someone else soon enough. JMO

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    Good for him but I believe if it were me inthe middle of armed robbery with three bad guys and I pull my weapon and one of three charges me there will be no fight

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I think he should have shot all three of them. We the people need to let the criminals know we are not going to be victims. Yes I understand its not his money and its insured, but thats the attitude that allows you to become a victim. The 2 guys that got caught will be back out robbing someone else soon enough. JMO

While he might have been cleared of wrong doing, shooting all three, or any that did not present a danger to him could have caused unnecessary headache. Being that Elwood is a small town, I am sure that word will spread, and possibly send the message to aspiring criminals that the citizens have had enough.

Seems to be becoming a trend, civilians standing up against thugs in our communities. Hopefully this will be a growing trend, and criminals will get the hint that we will not stand for scum preying on us any longer.:twocents:

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Robbery stopped but LMAO

wxin - Elwood father fights off three robbers to protect his town

The skinny is these guys were robbing a store the Armed Citizen pulls his gun and challenges then. My favorite line in the story is: “One of the guys charged me,” said Davis. “He came right toward me and I hit him with my gun". Davis said the suspect kept punching him until police arrived."
    LMAO! I guess his plan was to stall him by allowing him to beat his behind until the police arrived! Two word: Bang Bang. Saved the perps life but Lord help him if the bad guy got ahold of the gun.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    wxin - Elwood father fights off three robbers to protect his town

The skinny is these guys were robbing a store the Armed Citizen pulls his gun and challenges then. My favorite line in the story is: “One of the guys charged me,” said Davis. “He came right toward me and I hit him with my gun". Davis said the suspect kept punching him until police arrived."
    LMAO! I guess his plan was to stall him by allowing him to beat his behind until the police arrived! Two word: Bang Bang. Saved the perps life but Lord help him if the bad guy got ahold of the gun.

He does realize Guns are made to be shot, right?! :dunno:

Or...

Maybe he is one of those guys who carry not loaded for safety it provides. You know he practiced a LOT of times and knows he can rack the slide faster than someone get to him... :rolleyes:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Top Bottom