• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Lets make a list of those current and surviving admin rules scattered around the state. Lets make this an informational thread and not discuss these here. Please post on the city or state restriction you are aware of or a correction to something posted.

I know in recent memory the metal detectors and restrictions going into place at the capital building and these rules are campus wide. This as well as most others may be our list of legislative or litigation correction in the future.

Indianapolis Parks has rules barring carry even with the license.
    Indianapolis and Marion county outlaws carry in all gov buildings and offices. Not sure of how places these restrictions are listed.

Not such a bad thing but Speedway does restrict carry to not concealed. Open carry friendly city.

South Bend and other Northern Indiana cities have bounced the ideas of barring carry in city owned buildings and have received an earful of grief over this.

East Chicago and Gary area have several different restrictions in place.

So what other locals have these restrictions.

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    This thread is a good idea. I think it would also be good to keep places separated between illegal and against the rules. I know many (myself included) that are perfectly fine "breaking the rules" as long as it isn't illegal.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    9.08.020 Concealed unlawful.

It is unlawful for any individual to carry a concealed firearm within the town limits. (Ord. 358 § 2, 1966).

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Indianapolis Parks has rules barring carry even with the license.
    Not a rule, an ordinance.

Indianapolis and Marion county outlaws carry in all gov buildings and offices. Not sure of how places these restrictions are listed.
    No such ordinance, although by virtue of IC cities can restrict (ban) carrying on their property. This can be done by nothing more then a rule adopted (i.e. Marion County library).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Does Indiana not have a pre-emption law?

Of sorts. Governmental units may restrict carry on or in those properties they own and/or control, except for highways. Also, any law or ordinance existing in 1994 (? (I think)), before the passage of pre-emption, is grandfathered in and still valid. The Speedway ordinance is from 1966, apparently. This was written with the same racism as most "gun control" laws, in an effort to allow municipalities to keep guns out of the hands of those they wished to keep disarmed. As always, "gun control" is not about guns; it's about control.

Blessings,
    B

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think this post is a good one.

This weekend I was camping near New Harmony, Indiana. I went into town to take my son to a movie and wondered if there was some local law or rule that would have made it illegal.

Top Bottom