• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like Brainard and his republican allies are headed for the precipice. And they're going to take Carmel tax payers with them. Spend, spend, spend, that's all the guy knows, (that and having his name on plaques all over the city) and now the debt he's imposed on Carmel is coming to a head. They'll eventually have to raise taxes to cover their debts. All because Brainard wanted a legacy.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...le-debt?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He got to build a huge monument to himself. Why would he care who has to pick up the pieces? I would think anyone who couldn't see this years ago wasn't paying very close attention.

I saw it, and I never lived there!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well we know they can cut the police budget since they have to patrol 465 for something to do.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Looks like Brainard and his republican allies are headed for the precipice. And they're going to take Carmel tax payers with them. Spend, spend, spend, that's all the guy knows, (that and having his name on plaques all over the city) and now the debt he's imposed on Carmel is coming to a head. They'll eventually have to raise taxes to cover their debts. All because Brainard wanted a legacy.

Brainard, can't decide who's more narcissistic, him or Obama. I have never figured out why the citizens of Carmel have put up with him and continued to re-elect him. It just never ends with him, he's a freaking lunatic with a megalomania complex.

:twocents:

Harmi01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2011
    It was easy to predict years ago which is when I moved out of Carmel. The way he spends money I wasn't going to stick around to pick up the pieces with my wallet.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This sounds like what former Mayor Daley did to Chicago. Spent like crazy for over 20 years giving huge contracts to his buddies, then leaves a bankrupt
    Chicago for Emanuel to deal with.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't feel a bit sorry for the residents of Carmel. The residents asked for this welfare or it wouldn't exist. Make enough demands of Galt and he will leave.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wasn't aware Carmel had a professional sports venue, let alone a professional sports team to fill it.

I'm speaking of the hypocrits that support Lucas oil yet complain about performing arts welfare projects.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm speaking of the hypocrits that support Lucas oil yet complain about performing arts welfare projects.

And who are these hypocrites?

Is it possible that people can oppose the principle of welfare and still support the idea of self-government, even if it means that self-government might land the voters in hot water in the future?

Top Bottom