City of La Porte-Ranges close by that are good?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    I went into the local gun shop. They had a flyer for Kingsbury shooting range. In there rules it says no rapid fire.

I like to shoot to train. I sometimes practice double taps, tripple taps, or a controlled magazine dump.

Is there something better in the area? The only good thing it sounds like is the 4.00 range fee from this one.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Have you checked out Class 3 Sales in New Carlisle should be right in yur neck of the woods and I like the place real well, I think its 8 or 9 bucks and its nota real huge place or anything but I like the atmosphere, and It's indoor all year aorund "I'm thinking kingsbury is outdoor" but never been there. any way I like Class 3 and in my opinion is worth checking out. they do allow handgun,shotgun and rifle and I'v never heard any rapid fire complaints and I'v let loose pretty good with my beretta and a stack of mags. they will also buy your brass and sell reloads if you choose, I know we also started a thread under local shops in the Good, Bad, And ugly section I believe
    here ya go, https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/local_gun_shops/33352-class_3_sales_-_new_carlisle.html

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I can tell you that when Kingsbury is not packed, the old guy there "John" doesn't really mind what you do. I've been the only one there at times, and if you let him know what you're going to do beforehand it shouldn't be a problem.

jbhummer2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    north central IN
    There are two different guys at kingsbury and it depends on who is there. The one guys wont care but the other may. I havent tried the other range but I will now.:ar15:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If you go east on sr 104 to stillwell maybe a 1/4 mile outside of town is a sign for the stillwell rod and gun club but I don't know if they have a range or not

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    Check out the web site for Michigan City Rifle Club. Its a members only club but shooting events are open to the public. We shoot informal IDPA on Wednesday evenings @ 6:00. If your not familiar with IDPA you can go to their web site also. We also have fromal IDPA shoots the 2nd Sunday of the month. Come check us out.
    michigancityrifleclub.com

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can tell you that when Kingsbury is not packed, the old guy there "John" doesn't really mind what you do. I've been the only one there at times, and if you let him know what you're going to do beforehand it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll second this. I just started going to Kingsbury and John has been great towards me and other shooters. He has more reloading knowledge in his pinky than most will ever know. He was very helpful to a couple of guys who were there with me last night. They expressed an interest in getting into reloading and he brought them all sorts of info.

He didn't bat an eye when I rapid fired rounds out of my 10/22. :dunno:

Top Bottom