• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My response was somewhat tongue in cheek. If these people want to waste their time feeding lots of drunks, lots of drug addicts and a few good folks down on their luck....more power to them.

I will say that the ones that don't deserve the help are only enabled by their charity. And that's a shame. There is no reason to put forth any effort to "help yourself" when the world is full of suckers who will care for those that aren't deserving.

I do feel their efforts would be better served through churches or shelters rather than feeding them in public parks.

I'm also a skeptic when it comes to "not for profit" agencies. Generally the heads of these knock down serious cash...but that may or may not be the case here. So I wouldn't know if that's their motivation...or if they are actually sincere in their efforts.

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here. To summarize: Charity is a waste of time performed by suckers, but churches should do it, even though they are not for profit agencies that act as cash cows for their leadership.

*blink blink*

Anyhow, .gov should butt out. But I do see the need for making sure someone's not feeding these people a bowl of stew enriched with Drano or cockroach protien. But we all know that's probably not big brother's motivation, either. :twocents:
    The concern over making sure that charitable folks don't wind up acting out a real-life episode of Criminal Minds, but there's also the common-sense thing where someone ought to be able to open a can of Campbell's soup and cook it up for some bums without being required to run a commercial-grade kitchen.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Anyhow, .gov should butt out. But I do see the need for making sure someone's not feeding these people a bowl of stew enriched with Drano or cockroach protien.

I heard there are already laws against murder. As far as food quality....well, we can just let the free market take care of that. You get what you pay for.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here. To summarize: Charity is a waste of time performed by suckers, but churches should do it, even though they are not for profit agencies that act as cash cows for their leadership.

I can't speak for him, but I believe Public Servant meant that some of these homeless people are there just for the free hand out, they are perfectly capable of getting on their feet, and those types of people take advantage of kind-hearted people. I've seen that happen a few times. But all the same, like I said before, it's a win-win, because the people who want to be helped are getting it and the people who want to help are providing food for what they believe to be needy, hungry, homeless people.

I don't like having those mooching users around who will walk right up to your car with their hand out, expecting you to give them something. While I think charity is the greatest thing, I'm not made of money and I don't like that mentality one bit, so I'm a big fan of these types of organizations that take those people in. Every human has worth.

Top Bottom