CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: All things Islam...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    God did this as a pillar of fire leading a nation in the wilderness, didn't He? That sort of "seeing is believing" lasted less than 40 days before they built themselves an idol to worship, right?

Guess God can't go on a mountain retreat if seeing is believing.
    That's one of the biggest things that I find amazing, that they would be able to see the hand of God in action. To see the the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day, and to see the parting of the sea, the destruction of the Pharaoh and his army, but then shortly afterwards they are making a golden calf to worship!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, that lighter teal at least shows up better against the green background of the text editor, but shows up worse against the tan background of the view post elements.

From which, ATM-like, I will conclude that you have admitted that teal is superior

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think, conceptually, there are far more shades of gray than those 3.

Allah may exist as the shared God of all 3 religious traditions. Mohammed may or may not be a prophet to whom He revealed Himself for that audience at that time. Mohammed may be a false prophet, or even THE false prophet. (I think this unlikely, based on some shared traditions of evaluating fruit.)

I know what I believe (after much scrutiny). I do not claim to know all that is True, let alone all that could be True.

You left out Haile Selassie

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    3? .... Oh, Judaism? I guess I haven't seen any arguments for that.

The problem is that Islam and Christianity are wholly incompatible at their core - Christ makes the explicit claim (and clarified by Paul) that salvation only comes from Grace given by Him to those that have faith in Him. Islam makes the claim that salvation can be earned through righteous living. [or equally, through 'righteous' dying]

Islam created a whole set of new laws above and beyond the Jewish holy laws, whereas Christian knocked down those laws. (see my "life verse", Acts 10:13 ;))

*.*

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Watching a group of Christians talk about Islam is entertaining :)

There is a reason they and others are talking about it, and it is NOT just random curiosity.

I doubt anybody just woke up one day after several decades on this planet and said, without cause, "Man, I feel like picking a religion at random and taking a stand against it's practices!".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jamil, I can only speak for myself. What bothers me is not that the percentage of Muslims who perpetrate or support violent jihad does not rise to a sufficiently high enough numerical threshold, ignoring for the moment that it is still far more than the number of Christians who use similar methodology

What bothers me is that Muslims can apparently employ these methods and lie about their goals and intent, even to the point in some cases of denying the shahada, without violating the precepts of their religion or seperating themselves from their god

This is simply not true of Christianity. To deny God or distort his message cannot be justified by the book and is the road to damnation

I am more trusting of adherents of a religion that condemns the worst excesses of humanity without exception than I am of adherents of a religion that makes allowable exceptions. This would be true of religions that I am not adherent to. I would trust a Buddhist over a Muslim in this context

It seems the radical Muslims have created an "out" to get around the precepts of their religion. So as long as they're waging jihad they're permitted to indulge in worldly things, and lie, and whatever. But you're right. Any Christian group that tried that nonsense would get the "cult" label slapped on them and there'd be stacks of books written against them by every mainstream Christian Theologian.

Think

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Well, the billion isn't an exact number, and doesn't reflect the total of Muslims in history, but yeah... when all tallied up, IMHO the effect of Islam on humanity is that the followers tend to be normal people.

;)

ETA:

Not really a rule 34 thing (yet), it looks like the internet DOES have at least 1 pic of a hijab truck
    truck-delivery-3-1024x567.png

queen-elizabeth.jpg

What's wrong with this ?:)

Think

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    For Think:

What's the difference between a religion that commands it's followers to violence on unbelievers and a religion that only sounds like it commands it's followers to violence on unbelievers?

Hi hog slayer.

I don't think that I can understand your point exactly. Would you further elaborate ?

Think

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    The creator of Islam knows full well that the Bible is the Word of God, yet paradoxically commands his followers to obey it while violating its core tenets.

Although Muslims believe that Prophet Moses received Torah and Prophet Jesus received the Gospel, they believe that the bible is a collection of books written by many authors that contains much of the truth,like the call to reject idols and false deities, however it doesn't represent the "literal" word of God.

Think

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    3? .... Oh, Judaism? I guess I haven't seen any arguments for that.

The problem is that Islam and Christianity are wholly incompatible at their core - Christ makes the explicit claim (and clarified by Paul) that salvation only comes from Grace given by Him to those that have faith in Him. Islam makes the claim that salvation can be earned through righteous living.

Islam created a whole set of new laws above and beyond the Jewish holy laws, whereas Christian knocked down those laws. (see my "life verse", Acts 10:13 ;))

Well, that's one of my favorite verses from the bible:
    14102698_10157389480545187_1076692957796424273_n.jpg

It reminds me how the message of all Prophets of God is the same in its core :)

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jamil, I can only speak for myself. What bothers me is not that the percentage of Muslims who perpetrate or support violent jihad does not rise to a sufficiently high enough numerical threshold, ignoring for the moment that it is still far more than the number of Christians who use similar methodology

What bothers me is that Muslims can apparently employ these methods and lie about their goals and intent, even to the point in some cases of denying the shahada, without violating the precepts of their religion or seperating themselves from their god

This is simply not true of Christianity. To deny God or distort his message cannot be justified by the book and is the road to damnation

I am more trusting of adherents of a religion that condemns the worst excesses of humanity without exception than I am of adherents of a religion that makes allowable exceptions. This would be true of religions that I am not adherent to. I would trust a Buddhist over a Muslim in this context

I disagree with the bolded point, in particular. According to most Christians (and my own understanding of the bible), faith in Jesus alone is the price of salvation. If Stalin had accepted Jesus as his savior on his death bed, Stalin would be allowed to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. On the other hand, a dying three year-old in India is damned to an eternity in hell due to their "sins", simply because they have never had an opportunity to hear the "good news". By biblical logic Timothy McVeigh is enjoying heaven while the many Jewish cops and firemen that responded and died in 9/11 are suffering an eternity in hell.

A Christian can commit literally any Earthly evil they choose...as long as they believe in Jesus their salvation is secure.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I disagree with the bolded point, in particular. According to most Christians (and my own understanding of the bible), faith in Jesus alone is the price of salvation. If Stalin had accepted Jesus as his savior on his death bed, Stalin would be allowed to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. On the other hand, a dying three year-old in India is damned to an eternity in hell due to their "sins", simply because they have never had an opportunity to hear the "good news". By biblical logic Timothy McVeigh is enjoying heaven while the many Jewish cops and firemen that responded and died in 9/11 are suffering an eternity in hell.

A Christian can commit literally any Earthly evil they choose...as long as they believe in Jesus their salvation is secure.

This is a difficult one. But, necessary. A Christian is to go into the world and spread the gospel. If Stalin had accepted Jesus on his death bed, then according to the account of the crucifixion Stalin would enter the kingdom of heaven. The earthly hero's, should they never accept Jesus, no matter how good their deeds, will spend eternity apart from God.

The last paragraph/ question: a Christian is known by his works although his works cannot save him.

Top Bottom