CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: All things Islam...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    For starters, the Holy Bible is Gods` inerrant Word, not the writings of some man. Past that, Jesus taught to love your enemy, that other book compels it`s followers to murder in the name of their god. What is difficult to grasp about the books being polar opposites of each other?

You forgot to put the words: "I believe the [Holy Bible is etc etc]"

Think

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Most religions don't have a loving god (Islam is such a religion).

That couldn’t be more wrong, because one of the names of God is “Al-Wadoud” (the All-Loving). So, when they tell me that God in Islam is not a loving God, I am confident to correct them stating that He is the Most loving.

{He (Allah) is the All-Forgiving, the All-Loving.} (Quran 85:14)

When we read the Quran, we find that every Surah, except one, begins with His reminder that He is the “Most Gracious” (Ar-Rahman), and “Most Merciful” (Ar-Rahim), which are also of His names. He even tells us that if we do a sin, and if we repent, He will be “Oft-Forgiving” and “Most Merciful”.

Have a look here: Islam: God and Love

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Yes, I know that he's called a loving god. Can it be proven in his interactions with his people? I know he makes special allowances for Muhammad but that only detracts from the integrity of the text.

Surah 3:31 say: obey Allah and the apostle; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.

Last edited:

Think

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Yes, I know that he's called a loving god. Can it be proven in his interactions with his people? I know he makes special allowances for Muhammad but that only detracts from the integrity of the text.

I don't know how the love of God relates to your statement "he makes special allowances for Muhammad but that only detracts from the integrity of the text". But every sin for everyone can be completely washed away after a person duly turns to his Lord in sincere repentance:

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against your souls! Despair not of the grace of God, for God forgives sins, all of them, for He is much forgiving, most merciful." (39:53)

Another ayah says:

My mercy has encompassed everything. (7:156)

You can imagine that in Islam, God's mercy with his servants is even more than our own mothers. I really can't grasp your point of trying to deny an attribute of God in Islam.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I'm confused about the obvious (to me) contradictions.
    I cannot imagine more than the text details. The idea that mercy equals love is also a bit of a stretch.
    Loving Muhammad is not the same as loving his people.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm confused about the obvious (to me) contradictions.
    I cannot imagine more than the text details. The idea that mercy equals love is also a bit of a stretch.
    Loving Muhammad is not the same as loving his people.
    The Koran has a lot of contradictions. This is why "extremist" and "peaceful" Muslims can both quote the Koran and be correct. The Koran is like a buffet and people can pick what they want and not want, and at the end of the line they all come out as "Muslim."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Because he has not proven that his statement is true. It is his belief.

His statement is also in error re murder. Or he's not read OT.

You got a point - murder is defined by morality, and if morality springs from God, then it's not murder if you're following the commandment of God.

...of course, we have to agree on what defines God's commandments...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And whose god. I find little difference between Son of Sam talking to his dog and Israelites mass-murdering Canaanites at the behest of J.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    everyone has a worldview regardless of religion or faith. These are the questions that must be asked of that worksite

Let's look at the 5 basic foundational worldview questions: Look for consistency, but look for yourself.
    1) Origin - how did this whole thing (earth, space, etc) begin?
    2) Identity - What's my identity in all of this?
    3) Meaning or purpose - Why am I here?
    4) Morality - where do we get our sense of right or wrong?
    5) Destiny - when I die, where I spend the rest of eternity? Dirt? Second life? Possibly with God (insert the word Father here for a real treat).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    everyone has a worldview regardless of religion or faith. These are the questions that must be asked of that worksite

Let's look at the 5 basic foundational worldview questions: Look for consistency, but look for yourself.

Okay. I'll bite. My worldview from the lens of these questions.

1) Origin - how did this whole thing (earth, space, etc) begin?

I don't know. Science gives us theories to help us understand that better. But frankly, beyond that you really don't know yourself.

2) Identity - What's my identity in all of this?

Bystander. Observer.

3) Meaning or purpose - Why am I here?

Meaning or purpose is only a question worth asking to people who believe someone else put you here. Why? I am here because my parents, well, you know...and then I was born.

4) Morality - where do we get our sense of right or wrong?

Upbringing. Social evolution. Philosophy. Individualism.

5) Destiny - when I die, where I spend the rest of eternity? Dirt? Second life? Possibly with God (insert the word Father here for a real treat).

This is another one of those questions that are relevant only for people who believe in the supernatural. It's only useful if you believe there is a conscious existence after death. If not, then I don't spend the rest of eternity anywhere. My conscious being ceases to exist.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indianapolis Muslims appalled at 'hateful' billboard on I-465 attacking the Prophet Muhammad - TheIndyChannel.com Indianapolis, IN

"It's cowardly. It's cowardly," she said. "If this is something they believe in, stand by it. Endorse it. Let me call you and have a conversation. Why are they so afraid? I know why: It's because it's untrue."

"I feel bad for them," she continued. "First of all, they've been misinformed. Second, you must be in a lot of pain to go out and spread this hatred. That's a lot of burden to carry in your heart."

The Muslim Alliance of Indiana has reached out to Mayor Joe Hogsett and Congressman Andre Carson (D-Indianapolis), one of two Muslims in Congress, about ways to challenge the billboard.

In the meantime, Shahid says she takes strength from a story about the Prophet Muhammad.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Ya know, the funny thing, is that it doesn't mention the name "Muhammad" on the billboard. So if people are upset about it referring to him, then he must have really did that horrible stuff. Free Speech, deal with it. Hoggy and Carsonhave no business getting involved.

Kut (gives perspective)

bangin!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That couldn’t be more wrong, because one of the names of God is “Al-Wadoud” (the All-Loving). So, when they tell me that God in Islam is not a loving God, I am confident to correct them stating that He is the Most loving.

{He (Allah) is the All-Forgiving, the All-Loving.} (Quran 85:14)

When we read the Quran, we find that every Surah, except one, begins with His reminder that He is the “Most Gracious” (Ar-Rahman), and “Most Merciful” (Ar-Rahim), which are also of His names. He even tells us that if we do a sin, and if we repent, He will be “Oft-Forgiving” and “Most Merciful”.

Have a look here: Islam: God and Love

Jesus Christ is the only entity I am aware of that is worshiped that has an empty tomb. I don`t and won`t worship dead people. I bow the knee only to King Jesus.

Top Bottom