• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The amount of people I see saying something along the lines of, “What an absolutely insane coincidence that size and distance of the moon and sun are perfectly in proportion to create an unimaginably beautiful eclipse” is both hilarious and sad. People will believe anything but God.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The amount of people I see saying something along the lines of, “What an absolutely insane coincidence that size and distance of the moon and sun are perfectly in proportion to create an unimaginably beautiful eclipse” is both hilarious and sad. People will believe anything but God.
    Many see the creation, but can't understand that there is a Creator. Hopefully this was so new, many will at least ponder on this.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    God's world may be broken, but there's still beauty and evidence of design.

The amount of people that believe a highly predictable event is a sign from God is also hilarious and sad... more the latter.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Do you all see anything that has changed in evangelical Christian beliefs via this poll?
    That things labeled "Christian" rarely have anything to do with Christianity? :dunno:

I'm not familiar with Coral Ridge Ministries (Wait - Coral Ridge? D. Jame Kennedy? Wow, how we've strayed...), but when the first thing I see is this, I'm certainly suspect.
    The most urgent threats now facing the U.S. are America’s porous southern border, nuclear-threshold Iran, and an aggressively expansionist China, according to those answering Coral Ridge Ministries’ 2024 Spiritual State of the Nation Survey (see results below).
    Don't get me wrong, immigration is a huge concern, but it's not necessarily a Christian concern.

Ok, looking at the questions I see an obvious bias. All the question are intentionally slanted to gain a response (it's as bad as the NRA "surveys"). The whole survey is carefully worded to support their own position.

Want a useful survey? Ask questions like this:
    "Do you think Pro-life supporters should be allowed to hold rallies in state capitals?"
    "Do you think Satanist should be allowed to worship Baphomet in state capitals?"
    Now that would tell you something.

One thing that clearly stands out as incongruous is, "WHICH OF THESE POSE SERIOUS THREATS TO THE UNITED STATES?", Russia is at 90%, yet conservative are so willing to throw away the opportunity to fund Ukraine to fight Russia for us. Also, looking at the list is a "who's who" of evangelical boogeyman (TBF, I consider them a threat), but a good survey will have a mix that includes things that are controversial.

Second, the fact that pastors only receive 63% when it comes to trust is incredibly concerning. I want to know why that is so low.

Look, I'm Christian, I support those issues, I just like integrity when it comes to polls.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The older I get, the more I feel I need to test things against scripture.

The more test things against scripture, the more I realize I suck at testing things against scripture.

:n00b:

I need to remember that God should dope slap me when I get to heaven for being so stupid on Earth.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I agree with all of your observations about the poll.

I guess I'm wondering what the purpose of the poll was/is....but afraid I know.

I have become, more and more, a proponent if teach and preach the Word, the full and complete Word which, of course, will touch upon the issues of the day, but let the people take what they learn and reach their own conclusions about politics and candidates.

BTW- kids are free to pray in school. That was never the issue- and I don't trust a government employee to lead my kids in prayer anyway. But, like so many of these issues, it makes people angry and motivates action....which should cause us all to be suspicious.

Top Bottom