• ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Why are so many Christian’s evil?

Why do so many people think Christians are better than others?
    Everyone is just people.

Maybe you’ve been around Christians that think they’re better than others, that’s a real problem too.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My previous post doesn’t explain my point.

I had an uncle that was a Pentecostal preacher. He truly had the calling he would answer phone calls at 2 AM and then go to work the next day.
    He spent countless hours taking care of his flock.

Army chaplains work hard they do everything preaching, counseling, last rights to whatever the religion the Soldier was and more.

So I believe that church leaders need to have a calling and work hard to improve themselves. This is to provide layman the path and provide a example of faith.

Why are some many leaders in all dominations caught doing unspeakable sins?

I believe true evil is real I have witnessed it.
    Is in the Christian community in larger numbers than in the past?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Couple things.

1) You hear about it on the news if it’s a church leader, because it’s a sensational headline. You don’t hear about it as much if it’s just a lay person that comes once a month.

2) How many of these do we hear about in a year in the country? Serious question. A dozen? Twenty? Now how many pastors are there in the country? 100,000? I have no idea. It’s a massive number. So to say something like “why are so many leaders caught” is a little off.

And this is not at all to downplay their crimes and sins. It’s absolutely heinous and vile.

It’s similar to what pro 2A people deal with regarding “mass shootings”. They make up a minuscule percentage of total gun deaths and even a more minute percentage of total deaths in the country. BUT when one does happen, it’s wall-to-wall coverage 24/7 for the next three weeks.

In both instances, unbelievably tragic, but not an epidemic.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My previous post doesn’t explain my point.

I had an uncle that was a Pentecostal preacher. He truly had the calling he would answer phone calls at 2 AM and then go to work the next day.
    He spent countless hours taking care of his flock.

Army chaplains work hard they do everything preaching, counseling, last rights to whatever the religion the Soldier was and more.

So I believe that church leaders need to have a calling and work hard to improve themselves. This is to provide layman the path and provide a example of faith.

I believe true evil is real I have witnessed it.
    Is in the Christian community in larger numbers than in the past?
    I have the last couple days been going over this a great deal. Some indeed seem to be false prophets, and false teachers. Others like my pentecostal pastor started out great while at a young age. Sadly it didn't end well with all the work he did he ended up destroying and becoming what he fought against which was evil.

We see more and more pastors that had the word of God, then falling to terrible sin. Greed, money, adultery, grooming young girls, stealing from the church $$$, prostitutes.....the list goes on. They all seemed to start off so well and grounded. So many shipwreck themselves, and that causes outsiders to mock the church.

I was watching a martial artist being interviewed asking him about when Will Smith slapped Chris Rock. The guy said you better take care of your short comings and battles before you get power. Because if you don't it will get you every time.

It then dawned on me that many of these men getting into ministry did so way too young, way too weak, and the "church" just promoted them. They haven't conquered over lust and sin and then get power.....and it gets them. They weren't ready yet, they may of been called, but they weren't ready.

Others I have seen have a specific calling, like worship leading. Then they become teachers or pastors and God NEVER called them for that. But greed for $ or power they seek to be something else, to be more. They should of stayed in their calling and lane.

John Ruttkay the best friend of Lonnie Frisbee recently said a good ol Preacher told him once when he was young, "Boys, stay away from the gold, the girls and the glory, and you'll do just fine."

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

bait-thats-bait.gif

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Matthew 7:15-20
    "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
    [16] You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
    [17] Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
    [18] A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
    [19] Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
    [20] Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Galatians 5:19-23
    Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lewdness,
    [20] idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
    [21] envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    [22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    [23] gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

I think this is self explanatory.
    If a person is professing to be a Christian they should strive daily to live a God pleasing life.
    Sinning word, thought, and deed every day is not pleasing God. Any sinner can do that without professing to be a Christian.
    God brings changes to our lives if we have truly turned our lives over to him.
    Not my plans, wishes, and ambitions but God's plan for my life.
    Am I perfect? No
    Do I make mistakes? Yes
    Mistakes are not sexually abusing children, or anyone for that matter.
    Mistakes isn't murdering someone.

Read this again.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lewdness,
    [20] idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
    [21] envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

BRHiker

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2023
    Anderson
    I think this is self explanatory.
    If a person is professing to be a Christian they should strive daily to live a God pleasing life.
    Sinning word, thought, and deed every day is not pleasing God. Any sinner can do that without professing to be a Christian.
    God brings changes to our lives if we have truly turned our lives over to him.
    Not my plans, wishes, and ambitions but God's plan for my life.
    Am I perfect? No
    Do I make mistakes? Yes
    Mistakes are not sexually abusing children, or anyone for that matter.
    Mistakes isn't murdering someone.

Read this again.

We must be careful not to view ourselves as good by comparing to others whose sins we consider to be worse than ours.

Luke 18:9-14
    9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
    10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    We must be careful not to view ourselves as good by comparing to others whose sins we consider to be worse than ours.
    That's true, but at some point we must come to a conclusion about ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing.
    IF they present as being in "sheep's clothing", they'd be subject to the 1st Corinthians 5 admonition.
    To those outside the Church, we say, you do you.
    But claim to be one of the flock and it's on like Donkey Kong.

"It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father’s wife.
    You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst.
    For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present.
    In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
    Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough?
    Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.
    Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
    I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;
    I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world.
    But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.
    For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?
    But those who are outside, God judges."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Blessed Feast of the Annunciation! Exactly 9 months until Christmas!

May all of you experience God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in a fruitful way as you journey through your Holy Week!

Rejoice, Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast given birth to the Savior of our souls.

Today marks the crowning of our salvation and the revelation of the mystery before all ages. For the Son of God becomes the son of the Virgin, and Gabriel proclaims the grace. Wherefore, we also cry out with him, "Hail, O full of grace, the Lord is with you.

1711366513517.png

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Thank you all for your advice and interpretation's of the word.

This arrest has shocked our small community.

This is updated story.

I'm just confused why the story belongs in this thread? Setting aside the inflammatory preface of your original post/link, the story seems like it is not relevant, and should just be its own thread.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I guess it shouldn't be in this thread.
    Sorry if I offended you.
    No offense taken.

I don't understand why a story such as this one was prefaced by asking "why are all Christians so evil?" Also, I don't think that this person's evil has anything to do with him being a Christian nor do I think that his evil is in any way indicative of Christians in general, which is why I think it is off-topic for this thread.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I asked why are so many Christians are evil I never stated ”all”.
    The presence of evil in churches is not an off topic in a civil religion thread IMO.

IMO the belief that just someone calls themselves a Christian they are one is fundamentally wrong. The evil people often hide in the name of religion it’s a perfect disguise.

I thought this thread was for open discussion?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I asked why are so many Christians are evil I never stated ”all”.
    Correct. I misspoke. It is, however, a distinction without a difference. Because:

The presence of evil in churches is not an off topic in a civil religion thread IMO.
    The implication remains the same: that there is some unusual level/degree of evil among Christians.

IMO the belief that just someone calls themselves a Christian they are one is fundamentally wrong. The evil people often hide in the name of religion it’s a perfect disguise.
    Is there any evidence that this particular evil - or any other form of evil - is any more prevalent in the church than outside the church? If not, then the premise is specious and inflammatory.

I thought this thread was for open discussion?
    Of course: civil religious discussion. Nothing in the doctrine of Christianity condones this evil. No Christians have condoned this evil.

Christians are humans and are therefore inherently sinful (which includes many degrees of "evil"). That's the reason we need a savior. This "pastor" was a predator. His actions reflect on no one other than himself.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I understand what you are laying down. I hold Christian leaders to higher level. Yes they are Humans and subject to sin. But not evildoers I think there’s a difference.

I did not mean Christians are the majority of evil people

I have another question IMO some humans are pure evil not sinners. IMO they cannot have salvation because of the evil deeds they have committed?

Here me out Satan has already taken their souls they cannot receive salvation. There is no god that would let the BTK killer John Wayne Gasey ect into the kingdom of heaven.

Top Bottom