• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should local police work with the federal Joint Terrorism Task Force?

• Total voters

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Obviously not. If the local PD in my town discovered a plot to set off a dirty bomb in Indy or Chicago, they should keep it to themselves. It's not our problem.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    freedom of speech for one. they impede upon our rights to express our beliefs if they are not inline with theirs or if they deem our views and words as "insensitive to other".

I don't think so. I've never heard of the ACLU arresting anyone for unpopular speech. In fact, the ACLU typically defends the unpopular speech, in order to preserve the 1st amendment.

Most of what I have seen from the ACLU has been taking up the defense of citizens, siding with them against the government. I fail to see how they violate anyone's rights by opposing government control.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't think so. I've never heard of the ACLU arresting anyone for unpopular speech. In fact, the ACLU typically defends the unpopular speech, in order to preserve the 1st amendment.

Most of what I have seen from the ACLU has been taking up the defense of citizens, siding with them against the government. I fail to see how they violate anyone's rights by opposing government control.

You are right in the Fact that the ACLU does NOT arrest anyone...

However, they do only choose to defend the Rights that they see as useful. Most of what I see the ACLU doing is furthering the Liberal Agenda. Perspective, depends on where you stand... ;)

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

you don't need handcuffs, or to kick in someones door, to take their freedoms

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

don't they advocate for government regulation?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    However, they do only choose to defend the Rights that they see as useful.

Definitely true. They have their favorite amendments, other groups have theirs. On average, they don't stick their neck out for gun owners.

Most of what I see the ACLU doing is furthering the Liberal Agenda. Perspective, depends on where you stand... ;)

Maybe privacy rights are part of the liberal agenda. :dunno: In that case, I'll side with them over the "conservatives" who want to Federalize local police departments and create Orwellian terror watch lists for American citizens. Per the article:
    The FBI admits having compiled 70,000 such files on Americans without any suspicion of criminal wrongdoing.
    you don't need handcuffs, or to kick in someones door, to take their freedoms
    I'm open to hear examples.
    don't they advocate for government regulation?
    If they did, I doubt I would agree with them on those issues. When they do get it right, I'll be happy to side with them. When they are wrong, I'll call them out. Its about protecting the constitution, not being on the winning team.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    For some perspective, these are sample comments from the members of the source site.

PoliceOne.com | Facebook

Blah blah blah! I say we start locking these f'n "watch dog" groups up for subversion! F'n clowns.
    Give a break!!!!! Like all they want to do is look at our stuff! Get over yourself people, if u dont have anything to hide why does it matter, then when something happens they say why didnt they do anything, dammed if u do dammed if u dont
    Violating Snivel Rights? how f'in stupid

:n00b:

BBP30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Generally not a huge fan of the ACLU, but in this case I have to agree. As Rambone states, the Federal Gov't is eroding our civil rights at an alarming rate all under the premise of 'terrorism prevention.' I.E. his example of amassing data on 70k americans, the infamous wikileaks subpoena, etc.

Top Bottom