• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Yea.. seems like a ill movie for the times were in. Ya know exactly how Hollywood is gonna portray conservatives in this

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Film was written and directed by Alex Garland.

Alex Medawar Garland is an English novelist and filmmaker who made his name with the novel The Beach.

His previous film credits include 28 Days later and sunshine as well as never let me Go, and Dredd.

His mother is a psychologist and his father was a political cartoonist. He was educated at the University of Manchester and holds a art history degree.

Being a non-american his take on an American modern civil war maybe different than a US citizens would be. Likely shaped by European coverage which tends to track with our more left-leaning media and publications.

I thought it interesting that the Western forces were attributed to Texas and California. I'm not sure what that gets you. Is it a fight for water rights, did they wipe out the Left Coast leftists first and they are constitutionalists? Or is there some other idealogical oddity that drove those two states together and into secession?

I did note the closing scene in the trailer. When the response was I'm an American, and the armed individuals question was What kind of American. That is all too real a question, and will define any American modern civil war as a 5th generation war unlike anything this nation has experienced previously.

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Does anybody know anything about the writer/director? The trailer is vague, but I have a bad feeling about the political spin that a movie like this will have.
    The writer and director is Alex Garland, who also did 28 Days Later (which IMO is one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen). I also agree that this is probably just more political propaganda mixed with predictive programming.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    If you think 28 Days Later was bad, you should see Never Let Me Go. "Unlikely" is being generous. It was trying to fit Japanese thought into a British culture, and just didn't make sense. No like.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Far out.

And always remember, people who run the heavy equipment of war gotta urinate, eat and sleep just like the rest of us.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    What the heck was that series of books about a divided America at war in the near future? Damned Swiss cheese memory. It definitely had a Red state slant.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Love it, not likely California would be in cahoots with Texas. We got a long ways to go before something like this ever happens. Of course once a nuke or tsunami takes out New York anything goes.
    Anybody remember the “Grey State” trailer? Seems similar probably won’t make it to the theaters

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'll bet a Finnish Mosin and five silver dollars that the bad guys turn out to be white, male, conservative Christians.
    Likely you are correct, sir...but if the guy who wrote it is a Limey, he may leave the audience with some kind of..."They were the bad guys. Weren't they the bad guys?" fade to black at the end. Who knows?

Either way, like George M. Cohan -- that Yankee Doodle Dandy -- is alleged to have said, "I don't care what you say about me, as long as you say something about me, and as long as you spell my name right."

Will be fun to see some throw down action against Communists in the interim.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Love it, not likely California would be in cahoots with Texas. We got a long ways to go before something like this ever happens. Of course once a nuke or tsunami takes out New York anything goes.
    C'mon man, it's getting late, stop getting me all excited about the thought of NYC and tsunamis!!! :):

And if there is any chance KD shows up as an anime character in this film, I'm in. LOL

kristen-dunst-turning-japanese.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom