• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    for those of you that remember the guy that said I haven't earned the right to earn cargo pants I think I might have met his brother. I mentioned that I used to wear a pair of dog tags to aid in identifying my body if all other basic ways were destroyed (my body is on fire or something). I also told him the personal reasoning behind it (a family member's death where IDing was difficult) he had a semi-disgusted look on his face the whole time. then I mentioned that I am considering getting new tags or maybe a metal card about the size of a credit card with my info ex. name, DOB, blood type, allergies etc. and oh my god he exploded with nearly the exact same speech I got from the pants guy. Now if the tags had a mil. branch on them I would understand and no I have not earned the right to wear military IDs but the ones I want don't. So that being said how do yall feel about civilians wearing dog tags? Im just curious about other peoples opinion I'm still probably getting some form of metal ID tags for the reason stated above.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'm mil and I wouldn't care in the least. Like literally not at all. He'll, I don't even wear mine... Ever. I think these guys you mention are funny. As long as you're not wearing any service branch info who cares.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    My father is former military and ordered some duplicate tags online and gave me and my brother and the three grand kids tags to remember him by . He also suggested I get a set for identification purposes even though I was not in the military .

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I have thought about doing this as well. In certain situations where I am apt to not carry a wallet, such as on a walk-about in the woods while raining, this could provide ID and an ICE number.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I wear a dogtag because I am a type 1 diabetic, and if I was ever unconscious from a wreck or any reason, I want any medical staff to know I am diabetic because that changes what fluids and such they can give me.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    A lot of the time I don't carry a wallet so tags would provide a starting point for first responders and if I was in an accident like my cousin was in where bodies are unrecognizable and all other id is burnt up there is a slightly better chance a metal tag is intact.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have had an experience similar to yours, where a guy can't mind his own business. When my kids were in high school the sports guys wore printed school shirts with their bench-press weight on them. My kids made up hoax shirts with 500lbs printed on them.

One day I made the mistake of wearing one of my son's shirts out to the store...... A muscle-bound guy with 'roid rage ran up on me shrieking "You're a liar! You're a G*D d**n LIAR!!!!". I seriously thought I was going to have to shoot him. It turns out that he was angry because of my shirt! He threatened to snatch it off of me because he knew I couldn't press 500lbs! 'Dude was seriously disturbed......

I got away with my shirt on, and all of my bullets..... But it was very close.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Or how about name, ICE number, allergies to medications, serious medical conditions that change the way you're treated (diabetes, respiratory issues, cardiac, etc).

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    I wear an ID bracelet from RoadID. I seldom take it off, but I originally purchased it for when I run or ride my bike. They also sell dog tag like ID's they call the FixxID.

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    The right to wear dog tags? (eye roll) the right to have a hunk of metal rubbing on your chest and a crappy chain digging around? I do like the metal wallet card idea a lot though. if you do go the dog tag route you should lace one into your shoe laces, or is that overkill?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    he had a semi-disgusted look on his face the whole time. then I mentioned that I am considering getting new tags

I wonder how he feels about the tag making machine in the foyer of WallyWorld stores...

My dad gave me his tags. I wear them often. One of them was bent up and re-hammered straight. I asked him how it got that way. He said, "Life. Better than the alternative."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a veteran and I think I'll let Peter Griffin express my opinion for me on this one

[video=youtube;RAA1xgTTw9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w[/video]

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    IMO I think everyone should wear some type of dog tags on them. In an emergency they just may save your live one day. As well as a medical bracelet if you have known allergens.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Where do you meet these self righteous jerks?
    If you want dog tags then get you some dog tags. If you want to wear some camo pants then wear you some camo pants. It's a free country.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    When I was in the USMC, we didn't have those plastic bumpers that they put around them now. Kind of hard to be 'neakie when you're clanking through the bushes.

Me and some of my buds used to tape them together with electrical tape that we got from the comm guys.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Perhaps a nice "Rangers lead the way" t-shirt to go with your camo pants and dog tags? Not only would it complete the ensemble but it is almost guaranteed to cause him an aneurysm. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom