• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    British officer: hey American officer, why do you guys feel the need to carry a gun?
    american officer: because our citizens are too heavy to carry around in case I need one

heh. I love everything about the ending of this story. Don't like the fact the officer was charged and tackled without shooting the guy after a long fast chase. How exactly did the tackle happen? Did the officer not have gun drawn after that chase? Did he hesitate to shoot for some reason as he was being charged?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    British officer: hey American officer, why do you guys feel the need to carry a gun?
    american officer: because our citizens are too heavy to carry around in case I need one

heh. I love everything about the ending of this story. Don't like the fact the officer was charged and tackled without shooting the guy after a long fast chase. How exactly did the tackle happen? Did the officer not have gun drawn after that chase? Did he hesitate to shoot for some reason as he was being charged?

You can't automatically shoot someone charging you.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I enjoy a story with a happy ending, especially since this in in Florida, where the citizen is less likely to have his use of force scrutinized by a gun-unfriendly prosecutor.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I enjoy a story with a happy ending, especially since this in in Florida, where the citizen is less likely to have his use of force scrutinized by a gun-unfriendly prosecutor.

Unless the President acts stupidly, and gives an "If I had a son..." speech.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So can we blame this cowboy attitude brought about by Trumps America blood in the streets yet or too soon?
    You know the editorial is coming.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Hnnngg... how do you safely shoot a man that's on top of a cop?

Not sure I'd take that risk. Might first try physically removing them or forcing some distance between the bad guy and good guy.

From what I read, the perp was sitting on top of the cop, beating him. From close range that would be a pretty safe shot.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Why would he have his gun drawn just because he chased someone? Maybe I missed where it said the bad guy had already displayed a weapon. I chased a LOT of people and never did it with my gun out.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Shoot Straight knew that when they immediately replaced the concealed carrier’s gun free of charge when his was taken into custody as evidence in the investigation.

I guess I have some homework to do...

Ok, it is a gun store. Thought maybe it was a group that helped shooters when they lose a gun because of an investigation.

Pretty cool of them though, especially if he didn't have a back up gun at home.

Top Bottom