Clara Lane Walmart, wouldn't sell me ammo because I wouldn't show pink card.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Would you expect anything less from Walmart?

Retail giant whose customer service means nothing. Why would they care about their customer service? They don't have to. They don't care if you get mad. They're going to what...lose one sale? It doesn't matter if they lose your sale. They know you'll be back. If you don't come back it won't matter either, because the majority of the surrounding population will come back and buy from them because they have the lowest prices.

They could treat most people like crap and still not lose sales because of their prices.

Sad.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    If OP had concealed his EDC firearm, no visual hassle, may have been a point. Some uninformed people live in a protected world. The show me this and that.... why the one up manship? This guy wanted to be only one thing. A paying customer! Money talks and ........ walks.

The store lady missed the service boat, doesn't know what to do, blew the sale off. Maybe she needs to work childrens clothes, or shoes, not sporting goods-firearms and ammo especially. Mgrs in those stores are suppose to lead, and train, not dump and go home. It happens, see it happen all the time in other jobs too. Integrity is the word. Sad.

If the policy of the store is the last stop, let the night manager explain it, he/she is in charge. Don't force the stock clerks to do the managers job too. Sad. Maybe just lazy managers, displaced authority, not wanting to see unhappy customers. Service, Service, Service.

Sometimes I buy ammo in WallyMart. There are a couple old timer guys who hunt that work there... in the Firearms/ammo dept. Those guys are nice guys, know a bit, and work days. Never tried to buy after 10:00 pm, I am working, or sleeping.
    Good luck.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The biggest question here is, why would you WANT to be in a Wal-Mart after 10 PM? Have you not seen the pictures of the people who wander those isles during the "normal" business hours? Im sure the people that you will find there after 10 make the others look fairly normal....

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The biggest question here is, why would you WANT to be in a Wal-Mart after 10 PM? Have you not seen the pictures of the people who wander those isles during the "normal" business hours? Im sure the people that you will find there after 10 make the others look fairly normal....

Because the crowd during normal business hours is unbearable. We do all our shopping on during third shift hours. Sure there are still weirdos shopping on the nightshift (possibly myself included), but concentration of them is much less so they're easy to avoid.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    One liners will be deleted. We've had problems with new members trying to get a quick 50 posts just so they can get into the classifieds.

I see, so someone looks at your posts and decides if it has merit and deletes the number they determine don't ? Executive order like so to speak. I just bought a new 45 so going to the classifieds to buy anything is out of the question for me. I'm on a budget..... Took awhile to save up for the Springfield. I do need more ammo or time to load it. What type of bike do you ride DirtE ??

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Other way around, the normal people are there a 2am

MT60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    Stroh
    I've OC'ed in walmart in Beech Grove so many times without issues. Beech grove police like to hang there, and I've walked directly past them multiple times and they just smile.

People must be terrified that I'm going to go on a rampage.... Because clearly every time i get frustrated with life I make a trip to walmart... (maybe I do to boost my self esteem :):)

Funny... I usually don't get frustrated with life UNTIL I make a trip to Walmart.

I walked out on Dick's Sporting Goods in Angola because the girl at the checkout counter insisted I provide personal info and a signature to by a box of 45ACP. She also insisted that it was "state law" and I would have to sign for ammo anywhere I go in the state. She nor her just slightly older assistant manager could be convinced otherwise. Never mind that original salesperson was MAYBE just past 21 and at the time I was something like 50. I was at the same time appalled at the ignorance and aghast at the attitude.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    OP fail points:
    Wearing a tin foil hat (Do you really think she wants your address?)
    Open carrying a LC9 (Should have been a 1911)
    Show the LTCH even though not required. (I stopped feeling it was my job to educate stupid people)

When I leave a restaurant and they ask "Was everything ok with your meal" I will 99% of the time tell them tell them it was ok, even if the bread was a little bit stale. Why because my belly is full and I just want to leave and not educate them.

I would argue with a fence post in my younger days to prove a point, after all I am an authority on all things (Getting older proved that wrong) Yea, yea I know I'm just feeding the stupidity when I show the LTCH to the lady when asked and could argue with her or just laugh all the while I'm blasting through the ammo the the OP left on the counter.

Some choose to argue, teach, train, stand your ground or what ever you want to call it. I would rather shoot and enjoy life and worry about bigger issues, like where is the remote.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Firearm ownership falls somewhere between religion and politics for red blooded Americans. When you put your ideas out there, expect people to notice and in some cases fight with you about it. This is not a matter or right and wrong, it's just how things are. I like to conceal carry for the same reason I try not to talk politics or religion around people I don't know.

In this case asking to see your LTCH while trying to buy rifle ammo would be no different than a person working at a gas station wanting to see your motorcycle license when you are gassing up your car because you are wearing your Harley-Davidson t-shirt.. People are stupid. The rest of us just try to survive.

Top Bottom