• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So when certain weapons and magazines were grouped in with the AWB, were they illegal to sell, or illegal to own, or illegal to produce?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    All ammo feeding devices that held more than 10 rounds could still be made but had to be marked something to the effect: "For police or government use only" and could only be sold to uniformed civilians and the military. A citizen of the United States of America could own a "high capacity" (standard capacity) magazine as long as it was made before the date the stupidity was signed.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    The law also made in necessary for gun shop owners to increase prices on their stock of pre-ban magazines to 500-600% in an effort to stick it to their customers despite no change in the cost to them. Most places I know had a supply of "pre-ban" magazines that lasted through the ban and long after it ended. The supply was there the whole time.

The law also required those of use who were never into pistol grips on a rifle or bayonet lugs and all that to immediately go out and buy one....not for any reason we could really put our finger on but just because we thought we needed to. Now that the ban is gone, I sold all mine and went back to lever action rifles and double barrel shotguns - the kind of guns I was always into.

Finally the law required you to become a card carrying member of the NRA and get a bumper sticker that says, "Charleton Heston is my President" - a membership which you let lapse during the Bush years because you let your vigilance get lazy and you found some innocuous reason to not like the NRA.

All in all, when you look back you see how stupid the ban was and how stupid our apathy got when the ban ended.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The only good thing that I remember was a few months later when
    the demacrats an Dan Coats stopped laughing in victory when the
    Gun lawyers figured how to sell me a AK47 without a bayonet lug, an
    a one piece grip an stock called a MAK90....things just didn't work out
    like they thought.

Top Bottom