• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Sounds good. Let's plan something before the weekend of Apr.16-17th(Appleseed). For those of us that are interested in having a shindig at a park, will someone be willing to bring a grill/supplies? My grill is slightly large and hard to transport(but willing to do so).
    I'm also willing to bring chips and hotdogs, but need a headcount and date to go by.

Someone willing to coordinate this?

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    Alt 1: Henryville State forest in the campground may be a good place to meet. If a few were to go and camp then the rest could come Saturday afternoon. I'm not saying the range but if someone wanted to go on to the range it would be up to them.

Alt 2: In Kentucky we usually meet at Golden Corrals because they have the best space, indoors. Of course there is the one on HWY 131 in Clarksville. You can tell them you are going to be there and while they won't reserve the room they will try to keep people out of the area if they don't need it. If you get there about 10 in the morning you can usually get a corner of the meeting room.

Alt 3: Indian Creek (if that is what it is called) in Georgetown might let us meet in the main building off to the side if we drop a few dollars on the shotgun range. Of course we would have to ask.

Alt 4: If anyone belongs to the Indiana Pistol and Gun Club (I might have the name wrong) they have a range near Borden we could meet at.

Alt 5: There is a private pistol range on HWY 60 near Sellersburg. Not sure of the name.

Alt 6: There is the Conservation Club on HWY 60 also in the same area as number 5. Some people I know shoot there a bit.

Whatever date, I'll give it my best to be there but with Scouts my weekends stay busy.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I am a member of sirpc in Borden but it would have to be on a Sunday. Pm me if thats where you guys would like to meet. We can still bring stuff to cookout there also.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Not to derail the orginal intent of this thread, but realizing there are so many members here in the Southern portion of the state has got me thinking. Would anyone out there be interested in organizing a food co-op ? There is a company that drop ships bulk grains, and other things at exit 16 off of 65, but you have to meet a order minimum to avoide paying extra handling fees. If anyone is interested PM me, and we will see where it goes. Check out www.somethingbetternaturalfoods.com for what they sell, and there prices.

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I am a member of sirpc in Borden but it would have to be on a Sunday. Pm me if thats where you guys would like to meet. We can still bring stuff to cookout there also.

I was going to join your group here with in the next two months. I have a couple of friends that are members and am interested in checking out the 500yd line.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    Hey guys, it's going to take everyone's effort to keep this topic active and make this happen. Trying to start a group down here is tough. I tried last year and only got a few to show. We need to generate some interest. GARANDGUY can we set a date?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I guess they didn't notice my concealed gun....cuz it was ..concealed!

Huh... must be why they didnt see mine either. Strange how that works. I dont think firearms are permitted at Thunder (not that I am going this cold rainy Saturday), but I never remember being asked to leave there either.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Huh... must be why they didnt see mine either. Strange how that works. I dont think firearms are permitted at Thunder (not that I am going this cold rainy Saturday), but I never remember being asked to leave there either.
    IF I were to go to thunder(which I am NOT) I would not go there naked!!! too many goofs!....you go ahead and get drunk, I'm staying armed!!

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    OK guys the gun clubs range is a no go. I will talk with my family this weekend sometime and see when we could do a cook out/ shooting get together and post it up here as soon as I know.

Top Bottom