• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    So you have to wait for the Form 3 to clear and your dealer to have the item before you can begin your Form 1?
    I was told I had to wait for the Form 3 to clear before the seller could transfer it to the local Class III FFL and that I couldn't start the Form 4 (transfer) until the local dealer had it. I guess they can't transfer it to me until they actually have something to transfer. I started this process mid to late October hoping to get it by innauguration day but now it's looking like we may be halfway into the Palin administration before we get it sorted out.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I was told I had to wait for the Form 3 to clear before the seller could transfer it to the local Class III FFL and that I couldn't start the Form 4 (transfer) until the local dealer had it. I guess they can't transfer it to me until they actually have something to transfer. I started this process mid to late October hoping to get it by innauguration day but now it's looking like we may be halfway into the Palin administration before we get it sorted out.

I guess that makes sense, but is a bummer at the same time.

Out of curiosity, what is this fine piece of metal you are laboring so hard for?

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Vector V51 SBR in .308 and I got a good deal. You can't find these things anymore since Vector went out of business:

vectorv51a3.jpg

I think it'll be well worth the wait.

Last edited:

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    WOW! I could not agree more. VERY nice.
    You do know that's gonna be loud, right? :):
    What?
    :ringing in ears:
    Now all I need is a sear pack and I can be like this guy:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVHwXiUF1B8&feature=related]YouTube - H&K 51[/ame]

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Take a look in the NFA EE on AR15.com. About two months ago I found an MP5SD upper, a 53 upper, both registered as SBRs, and two lowers, one with a sear registered for both calibers. All for only $19,995. Don't forget to save the $800 for tax stamps.

low_lead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008

The Form 3 dealer to dealer can take 3 to 4 weeks. Here is a quote from the ATF website:

(M23) May a transferor submit an application to transfer an NFA firearm prior to the date on which the transferor receives the weapon? [Back]
    No.

Short, and to the point! :D

Top Bottom